LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ID on these 3 lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilsmader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ID on these 3 lures
    Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 12:36am
Hi all, trying to get a positive ID on these 3 lures. Have been posted on other sites, but no conclusive results. TIA. Peter

hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 7:28am
the 3rd one we have seen similar before - is the 1 st one a blue munt 
cheers bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
Nilsmader View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilsmader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 9:39am
Hi Bazz, you are not the only one to suggest the blue one may be a Munt, but I have been unable to find anything picture wise that looks the same for confrimation.
2nd one is interesting, and 3rd one I have absolutely no idea.

cheers Peter
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 11:25am
2nd image looks like a Killalure 3" Barra Bait, repainted by other than Dave. Bib is certainly one of his. Cheers Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 5:30pm
the 3 rd has apattern like these that is still unidentified
cheers bazz
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 5:32pm
see posting from hooknose on 16/5 under peter munt section - 3 blue lures
cheers
bazz
Nilsmader View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilsmader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 2:36am
Cheers Bazz, close, but not, if you know what I mean. Shape, bib position/angle different. Hook eyes and tow point seem to be thicker wire on the Munts. And the eyes.
Nilsmader View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilsmader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 2:40am
Flatter along the belly also. Peter
Nilsmader View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilsmader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 3:09am
Cheers Richard. Very similar in shape, but curve on back of killa is closer to the front, with the bib under the snout. The bib on mine is at the bottom of the snout. thoughts?? Peter
Nilsmader View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilsmader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 3:20am
Stripes going the other way Bazz. Hand painted to I'd say, as different on both sides.
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 9:20am
Peter, The bib slot cut & position on this lure is that of a Deep Diving 3"BB. The bib is NOT the usual one placed in this model. Check out pics of other DD barra baits ,you will see what I`m getting at. Cheers Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
Nilsmader View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilsmader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 2:20am
Hi Richard, saw one posted By John McMillan on Lures Australia yesterday, and you seem to be on the mark. The tow point and bottom hook eye on mine look a little rougher tho, with the hook eye going in with a backward angle. Could just be a copy ??
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Nilsmader Nilsmader wrote:

Hi Richard, saw one posted By John McMillan on Lures Australia yesterday, and you seem to be on the mark. The tow point and bottom hook eye on mine look a little rougher tho, with the hook eye going in with a backward angle. Could just be a copy ??

I would call that as just a subtle difference between the lure - all hand made lures have subtle differences which is why one lure does not seem to produce the same results as an "identical" lure.

Check out the rear end of both lures as one of the many similarities.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic