Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In my Backyard #2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 12:49am
Great pictures Jason, also nice lures and fish hanging from them. Wish I could have been there for dinner.
It is fun living your dream!!!!!!!!!!!!Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up 
Verlon
Baitman
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 10:21pm
Thats what fishing is all about - an adventure, you don't have to be the first one there but to discover some new water is exciting. Martin
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 7:00pm
Thanks for comments guys.
verlon,
it is great getting out and about, hope you enjoy the pics as much as I do seeing the areas you fish.
And when you come to Australia mate, dinner will be servedWink

Horrorhead,
yeh mate, just doing it and seeing the sites is great, a fish is a bonus.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 7:17pm
Today Jack and I headed up into the everglades, which is the top end of the Noosa River system, all freshwater.
We took the kyaks in the boat, so we could quietly explore a few small creeks, and get into areas that are too shallow for boats.
We had hoped to find bass and possibly mangrove jacks, and barra were secretly thought of, but today was not a day for the fish, we had no fish show an interest all day!
But just being out there was great and this area is pristine, birdlife, plantlife, its what documentaries are made of.   Apologies for the quality of pics but dropping the camera in the creek a few weeks ago didnt do it any good.  Time for a new one I think.
Jas

barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 7:32pm
l think l need to trespass on your backyard!LOL
Good story Jas and good pics too...
Anthony.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 7:54pm
Only been up that river once, and that was too long ago. It is a fantastic part of the world with plenty of photo opportunities. Been hearing of barra up there. They are down the gold coast in the Logan, Albert, Coomera and Nerang, but not common. Does anybody know how they got there? Speculation as of the ECO PARK up the Albert having it's barra lakes overflow during flooding a few years ago. I was told by somebody that these were the farmed barra from the fish research station on Bribie Island and were released by the staff after they finished with their research.  Martin
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 8:59pm
Am sure i would not mind go into that area just with the Camera, to shoot the amazing scenery you are showing here Jas. That is just so beautiful, and there can be a fish to. Is just another feather in the hat.
Love to see that Aussie nature. Really wish i cud see that with my one ayes one day.  

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
nutter View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 9:05pm
Shame about the fish. That looks like just the place to work my little pop/slider
Nutterjuck Lures
Simple, done well

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

Today Jack and I headed up into the everglades, which is the top end of the Noosa River system, all freshwater.
We took the kyaks in the boat, so we could quietly explore a few small creeks, and get into areas that are too shallow for boats.
We had hoped to find bass and possibly mangrove jacks, and barra were secretly thought of, but today was not a day for the fish, we had no fish show an interest all day!
But just being out there was great and this area is pristine, birdlife, plantlife, its what documentaries are made of.   Apologies for the quality of pics but dropping the camera in the creek a few weeks ago didnt do it any good.  Time for a new one I think.
Jas

I know where that little creek goes Wink got my coleman crawdad stuck in there once Embarrassed
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 9:43pm
Nice Scenery Jas, there doesn't seem to be too much
wrong the the camera mate...WinkWinkWinkWink...pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 10:05pm
Thanks guys yes its a special place.

Darby,
that creek goes another 25 metres from that pic then closes of into reeds, but a few k walk after that ends up somewhere else again, thats the next trip but it will be a 2 day event to enjoy it..
Jas

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 10:13pm
Nicho, I don;t know of any one that has actually made it through to that lake, at least not for fishing..... I reckon it would be another Jurassic lake 
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 11:40pm
Hey Jason, Beautiful scenery and great pictures, these are places most fisherman dream about.
Verlon
Baitman
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 10:43am
yes verlon great place to visit....fishing or just sight seeing.

Darby,
will find out soon what its like, no reason why stock cant get into it during big wet seasons, and some may get stuck in dry times..........which hopefully means they get bigger!!
Big area to cover though so it will be a 2 day stint sleep over and dragging kyaks across to cover all of it.
Even if theres no fish its going to be a good experience..............jabiru, brolgas,swans and heaps of others flew overhead in that direction yesterday..........untouched world in there, even the ranger knows of no body incl himself to have really explored it..........No doubt plenty have though.
Nothing is sacred any more.
Jas

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 4:14pm
Lets see some Pict. of the "new land" and hope fully some BIG Bass when you get out of it again
Always interesting to try out/see new places. That you never now feeling gives a special mode.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 4:57pm

Wow , excelent stuff , that is what it is all about , I can see your boy is going to remember and cherish these days all his life , makes you feel warm all other , good on ya guys .

edzard View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Ollie's Stingrays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 5:45pm
Great post Jas, fantastic pictures, keep it coming.
Cheers
Ollie
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 12:16pm
Well I got some nice bass friday arvo..........2 well above the 40cm in a new spot I thought id checkout, made even better as they were on my lures.
 My old camera died after dropping it in the water, so I took my big camera out, got some nice pics but too big to download!.........got me buggered how to work out the downsizing thing.
Bought a new waterproof camera for my kyak yesterday and went exploring a section of the Mary river,
2ND CAST...got smoked into snags...lost my lure.
3 MORE DECENT HITS BUT NO HOOK UP THEN IT WENT QUIET!
 So we decided to explore further................paddled and walked and climbed over debris for several ks, the creek was very shallow, ankle deep, and in some sections knee deep for 2 ks or more....... finally found some very fishy water but not a touch!!....BASS are so bloody hard to understand......(Im assuming they are all females!!!!!!) like some we all know...........when they are on they are on,  but when they are not, nothing can tempt them!!!!!!!!Wink
Anyway all was not lost, a new area explored and a future trip planned with easier access next time round.
Hopefully I can sort out the big camera to download the fish pics. This shot is an experiment, I had the guy in the shop set the camera up for me and he set it on the wrong setting......so my new camera shots are toooooooooooooo big also!! and cant download... so Ive reset it and taken a pic of my big camera screen to test if Ive got the right setting........bloody technology! but seems its all good now, but sorry no nice shots.
Jas

NB96 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NB96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 1:06pm
Excellent stuff Jas nice chunky Bass! well done!!!

cheers Nick
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 2:08pm
It seems as if you and Jack are having lots of fun in that creek. Do it as often as you can. Time lost away from the water can never  be regained.
Cheers,
Verlon
Baitman
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 7:42pm
HI  JAS, my camera also takes big photos so I crop them. When you "browse" while downloading, find the photo, open photo in "preview", above the image is "fix", open that then to the right is "crop". Click on that and a "square" will appear on the image. Manipulate the size and shape by the mouse and clicking on and dragging the borders of the square. Then hit "apply" over by the rifgt of the image again andclose the preview. If you want to keep the original image, copy and paste the image first and change the copy.      My camera is an Olympus, but I think this works for all cameras because of the way the site was set up.   I can down size on my work computer but can't on this lap top I use.   Martin
Martin-

AROBBO View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
LollyPop Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AROBBO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 8:22pm
nice work Jas, we have been having great success on the bass on our lures up this way too,

Might have to give you a call and find out when we can come down.

Cheers AidanBig smile
EAT-SLEEP-BREATH-FISH
LollyPop Lures
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 12:55pm
Come down anytime Aidan, allways keen to get out.
heading out this arvo to try and find a few bass, and learn how this camera works.
JAS

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 8:03pm
Finally got out for a few hrs this arvo, and explored further into a creek, in an area I hadnt been to.
Fish were playing a bit hard to get, hiding up deep under the banks.
I managed a dozen bass, tried a few different lures, so all in all a great arvo.
One of my shrimp lures caught several fish before I swapped a few around to test them, all got fish.
90% of the fun in bass fishing is the location, just nice spots to walk around and enjoy for a few hrs.
The first fish I caught took about 40 casts and 4 lure changes to get him,  he was hiding behind a shallow log, everytime the lure came within his zone he would dart out and hit it, but not hook up.
Eventually I put on a little 35mm lure I made, 2nd cast got him...........sometimes the tiny lures are the best.
Gave a certain green/yellow spotted lure a run just to tease  barneyminnowLOL....(yes mate you and sticko will get one.........very soon............I thinkLOL)
Jas

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2011 at 12:03am
Great pictures Jason, also nice creek bass. That is the places I love to fish when I was younger. Knees won't hold up to creek fishing anymore.CryCryCryCryCryCry
In one of the pictures, were you balancing the fish for the picture or was that your sneaky way of giving us the finger?LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
The best to Y'all,
Verlon
Baitman
wrapper View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Wrapper Baits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2011 at 11:20am
Jas top photos Clap mate ,your got a great backyard to play in
        cheers wrapper
AROBBO View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
LollyPop Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AROBBO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2011 at 4:07pm
Nice work Jas, those bass love your lures!!
EAT-SLEEP-BREATH-FISH
LollyPop Lures
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2011 at 4:57pm
 Some small black Coffins coming your way mate ,, I want to see one in the mouth of one of those Bass mate Wink Big smile
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 11:34am
thanks for looking guys,
WRAPPER,
yes its a great area, the fish are not huge, but its only a small creek, most water is only knee deep or so.
Arrobbo,
My lures are kicking butt mate, some better than others, which is good, Im slowly getting half a dozen that will be a permanent design for myself....the bass and other species love the PRAWN....
.....will try your little poppers in this creek next trip.Wink
Verlon.......never thought of that!LOL but it does look that way!........will make it more obvious next timeLOL

Jeff...........will do my best to get fish on them for you mate......next few trips I will try other lures, cant help throw my own onConfused, but plan to cover everyones lures throughout the season.
look forward to seeing them, no rush i know what its like.

Jas

AROBBO View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
LollyPop Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AROBBO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 6:23pm
Thanks mate, dads minnows should do the job too.
Cheers Aidan
EAT-SLEEP-BREATH-FISH
LollyPop Lures
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 7:59pm
That last creek is a bit shallow for your dads lures Aidan, will take them next time Im in a bit deeper waterWink I have no doubt they will work.
Should of taken them today, fortunately my work takes me past, many creeks and dams, so today I threw the kyak in the back of the ute and headed to work.............hard going at times deciding which creek to fish..........LOL
had a spare hr this arvo and paddled into a nice creek............4th cast got smashed by a nice bass, 10 min later another, 2 min later another............. and dropped two beauties at the side of the kyakConfused.....
2 caught were nice size fish other were small
Then back to work, tough day at the officeBig smile
We have had bushfires locally, so the wallabys were along the roadside eating the green grass that furvived the fires.
Got them all on a brightly colored lure I made..THE LORIKEET.
Jas

wrapper View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Wrapper Baits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 8:52pm
Fishing more fish Jas well done mate ClapClap
                       wrapper 
            (goin to have to get up there and have a go at this)
                                               Wink
NB96 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NB96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 9:41pm
Excellent Stuff Jas! they love your lures no doubt about it!!!!

cheers Nick
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 10:36pm
wrapper,
if your ever on the Sunshine Coast, let me know, we will sort out a day or two fishing.Wink

Nick,
they are doing ok mateThumbs Up
 its funny though.... most lures work when not left shoved in tackleboxes or display casesWink

Jas

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 10:33pm
For years ive been driving over a bridge, looking at the water and wondering, whats around that bend!?
So pulled up at the roadside, pulled the yak out of the ute, and spent an hr between jobs exploring new ground.
The first half hr was non eventful, and then I came across a nice deep bank, with a small feeder creek flowing into the main system, the bank was undercut, dark, and full of tree roots from a huge overhead tree.
A bout 3 casts and I got a swirl under my lure, several more casts, and several touches but nothing serious..............Then all hell broke loose, halfway back on the retrieve I got smashed flat out by a nice bass that went 43cm and was fat..........The lure I had made was called pshyco, and it suited this fish!
It hit like a freight train and line peeled out, spray/mist flew off the reel,  Finally stopped it just before it reached the undercut bank.
A couple of quick pics and released, few more casts and got another bass of around 37cm, then they went quite, with the odd bump just after the lure dived, but nothing serious.
I paddled to shore and got out of the yak so I could get a few casts tight along the bank, hoping to pull another out...............3rd cast......a big bass of around 42cm...............released after mandatory photo shoot..............1st cast............another big bass low 40s............All on the one lure.
I guess that ones a goerThumbs Up................And on the way home I grabbed a six pack of beer.............NOW THATS A FRIDAY ARVOThumbs Up......Jas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic