Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In my Backyard #2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 3:09pm
thanks for the comments guys

Always good to visit a new area and get a taste of whats there.

PETE,
at least youve still got "something" at your age that can still....... stand upLOL

Darby,
that vessel will be worth the effort.... its good to have a project on the go.

P.J
Ive got 2 kyaks..... so when your in AUSTRALIA someday..(keep dreaming it may happen!)..we can fishThumbs Up
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Pilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 10:42pm
Hi Jas,

It was good to have a quick catch up over the break.
I did manage to pull a few nice Bass out of the Mary from the new yak.
Shame we couldn't get out for a fish together, maybe next time I'm down.

Keep the pics coming mate.

Cheers
Adrian
Toga Fever
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 9:18pm
pilly,
good you got to use the yak......what part of the mary did you go in....PM
I ended up busy at work anyway ,though got a couple of good late arvos in with a few nice fish.
Jas

Padgey View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
Power Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 9:38pm
HANDCARVED and HANDMADE TIMBER LURES
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 7:07pm
Thanks for posting that pic up padgey....Im still grinning, went back out there this week but after all the heavy rain the river is not really fishable....coffee color and running hard..need a few weeks of dry to clean it up.
Jas

MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 2:32pm
Nice fish guys . . . always good out of the yak

MXB
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 3:25pm
Rain/wind dirty water so fishing has been a non event....managed to slip away for the weekend.....first in the salt for a quick explore for a future trip....and then into the fresh to explore for another future trip.
Fishing was slow...but redclaw were happy to make up for slow fishing.....
Im so full of these things its ridiculous....tonite is tails on the bbq in chilli and lime.LOL

A quick explore up a saltwater estuary, the tide was running hard, which made fishing difficult, but this estuary cod smashed the RAWPRAWN on the 3rd cast right up in the mangrove roots.

Next stop freshwater to find bass and redclaw.......fishing was very slow only pulled 2 small bass on a new Flopy I made for the trip................and a few redclaw were caught.....in total well over 1000 between us.......have eaten so many.....boiled/garliced you name it!!!.....reckon I will grow nippers and be walking backwards by the morning.!!
And now the camera wont downloadAngry the rest of the pics

hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 7:31pm
The engines running-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------But I'm heading to the South coast for a week, -------------------------- I'm up there soon.
How much can a Koala bear. Shocked -- Confused
Pete
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 8:41pm

Redclaw - yum, and what is good is that there is not any restrictions on them as they are in such plague proportions down here that you don't feel guilty about taking a big haul of them. I believe there are restrictions in the natural range of them in north Qld though. Martin

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 3:46pm
I can not believe how many of those redclaw there are!!! how can they possibly survive the amount of pressure put on them day in day out...and still be in plaque proportions!??
we worked 8 pots friday night/sat... we ate  redclaw constantly....for 2 days till we could not fit another in, and then came home with 100s of tails each.......the other 2 boats did the same and the dam had 100s of pots out.( it was near impossible to troll lures around the dam there were that many pots about.......all reports were the same 100s of redclaw for the weekend.....its ridiculous!! but geezus they are GOOD!!
Jas

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 1:32pm

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 1:41pm
Jas , what type of lureThumbs Up used.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 7:56pm
Problem with the redclaw Jas is that some people are taking them west over the range. We don't know what sort of an enviromental impact they will have if (most likely will) they thrive.  
Martin-

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 8:45pm
they were thick...and some locals suggested that we throw the smaller ones and females with eggs back!!! to prosper...  I can see their point but really is it good in the long run for the dam?? I must say from a tourist point of view they would be a bloody big draw card......its a hard call...without them...it would be the odd fishermen and a hundred speed boats id say.
The booking centre at the dam had 4 computers with people with ear phones logging in the incoming...it was like a bloody airport.
Wouldnt surprise me if the officials actually stock the dam with redclaw to keep people coming backQuestion

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 4:52pm
Finally after months of rain...we have had a break in the weather.....the creeks and river have lost the coffee colour, and are starting to become accessable.
We have explored lots of the small tributaries.......following them by foot/4wd/kyak......to get into ares that we have yet visited......in some cases we have been all the way to the head waters where water is just running out of rock up in the ranges.
The further up we go the creeks are crystal clear but the fish are scarce...in most cases...NIL
Eels and catfish were spotted....lots of birds.....but no prize fish.
A few great surface hits but no hook ups......Confused
Once we were out of the clear rocky country.....a few fish started to surface over the next few days, and a few nice surprises came along while chasing bass....my timber flopys are catching a lot of fish of late.....
All the cod were released quickly unharmed.......these areas produced good bass last season, but it took us weeks to find a bass, and yet these cod were in numbers, in areas Ive not encountered them before...and they are taking small bass lures as little as 35mm..........Maybe the floods moved things around a bit.
Jack came along for a paddle with the intention of getting a PB bass....but he was also in for a surprise.
Using a small semi nude 40mm lure I called moby, he got absolutely belted by a nice fish, that seen him towed around in his kyak, it had him in snags around logs...you name it...but to his credit he took his time, and played it out perfectly!!!!! and he was stoked!.......not a big  bass..... but his first cod....a quick pic and it was released.
After a great effort on light bass gear
He was one happy kid!
We caught and released several cod over a few week period........So we changed our tactics and headed several ks away to try and locate bass......it took a few days of fruitless searching till we found where they are holding in decent numbers to make the long paddles worthwhile.....and some of the bass are quality specimens....big fat wild bass....
I like it when I see these ladies with big udders  cooling off in the water....it means bass country.
This lure has caught dozens of bass/cod.....and flatties/jacks/trevally...its got something that just clicks...
and with bass it seems to pull the good ones out!!
Once in the snaggy bits I usually pull out one of my ugly Bass#ukas.......they have something about them that likes the dangerous deep in the back of cover bass recovery missions
Even when the fishings quiet......its pleasant floating around for a few hrs just taking in the scenery.
Once a few fish were located....we had a good idea of what was where......so an early morning pre dawn start was organised.....to see if we could find some decent fish.....We hit the water at 5am....and the first snag produced 6 surface strikes in quick succession....but no hook ups!!!!
Big boofs as the water exploded told us we were in for a good morning.
It wasnt long before a nice bass finally hooked up......and then another and another.......
Some nice fish were caught and released......And all on the old homemades.......GOTTA LUV THAT.Big smile
The back eddies behind the current produced good fishon divers after sun up
The banks of the river change from dairy farms to sub tropical instantly....the fish love these tree lined banks....with good shade cover....fallen branches and food provided from the trees....in way of bugs...worms etc.
Lots of casting was done with no results.....the river was very shallow...so I swapped lures to one of my 35mm lures......3rd cast.....nice fat bass.....and it was even more fun in the shallow water....taking drag, as it done long runs up and down the bank.
A bit deeper water and I threw on another MOBY lure....in frog pattern......and bang!!! this fish had me in under and through snags.......there is no doubt that pound for pound Bass are up there with any fish.
Next snag down saw MOBY get casted deep into a nice snag.....as I slowly retrieved him walking him over the timber......the water exploded as a nice bass rocketed from under a log and belted him at full speed.
A mate of mine got several nice bass......he came around and showed an interest in my making homemade lures...after a few lessons, hes now making his own also...and doing well with them....hes called them TUGGAS
And MOBY got smashed again, by a very fiesty bass.
Moby was terrified by this stage, and refused to go back into another snag.....so I let him rest and gave one of my flopys a go......the first bass was only small, but hit like a brick.....if they grew to a metre it would not be safe to swim near them...they are tough fish, and have no fear.
A slow retrieve through a  deep back eddie produced a cracka bass just over 50cm...on light gear in the yak these things are great fun.
With the Flopy a bit un nerved by now, I thought Id give him one last cast at a nice snag up ahead, and once again,hed no sooner hit the water than he had another bass fooled.....this one nearly swallowed it.
After this the flopy was beside himself and refused to go again...so out came another Bass#UKA...AND IT WASNT LONG BEFORE HE GOT THE SAME TREATMENTLOL
So its been raining for months with major floods.......but now with the water clearing and the creeks fishable......Im hoping for a good end to the bass season...its taken weeks to locate the fish, but worth every bit of effort when you have mornings like this.Big smile

Over the next couple of months...I will be dedicating a fishing trip using only lures made by other members of lurelovers.....each trip I will use a different members lures that I have in my shed.....rather than them hanging to look at...........its time they got used......after all thats what they were made for!!.....
If anyone would like to send something they have made to get tested on bass...EVEN IF ITS NOT A LURE DESIGNED FOR BASS......but you think it may do the job and cant test it in your area...... send a PMThumbs Up
Not after free lures.... Im willing to swap...mine for yours.
Jas

goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 7:18pm
Nicho you the man nice fish,bloody finger can not go outside I am so cut,,Gary
mdlures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
MD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 7:41pm
well done Jas some nice fish from some good looking water Thumbs Up
I've started on a few lures I'd like you to try Wink

cheers
Mark
MDlures
traditional hand carved fishing lures
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 7:53am
excellent stuff Jas , that sure looks a lot of fun , great photos and fish . Thumbs Up
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 8:21am
Good to see you are back on the Water again Jason. Thanks fore the great report, with good Pict. And a god read too.
Congrats. Jack on his first Cod. That is a very nice Fish he got there Thumbs Up 
Also some nice chunky Bass you came across. Damed its a shame we don't have them in DK Unhappy would love to get one of these.
Keep it coming, always looking forward to hear/see from your trips
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 8:30am
Great stories and sharp photos.   Traumatised lures resting in Lure hospital  Thanks jas

Regards John
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 8:42am
Jason Top story, photos, fish and love the artistic paint jobs on the lures. Billj
The older I get the more I learn.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 10:27am
Thanks for taking the time to comment guys, things are improving with fine weather at last....so hopefully I can add a few more pages over the next month or so.

Bill.....thanks mate....I learnt my painting skills by attending art lessons in pre schoolLOL

Jas

fishaholic5 View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Illusion Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishaholic5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 10:54am
Good fish Nicho and great pic's
Cheers
Wal
Illusion Lures
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 12:50pm
Like all the others said Nicho,great pictures of scenery, fish, lures, you and the handsome young lad.
Nice catch Jack, you are now hooked for life.
Would love to catch some of those great looking Cods.
I'm sure Y'all had a great time.
Verlon
Baitman
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 4:32pm
Some cracker Cod and Bass there man !  Bloody well done . 
I like pretty painted sticks
flyonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 8:49pm
Niiiiiiiiiiice one(s) Jas!!! Like the paint jobs on the brush stoke lures especially.

Can you do me a favour and get a good profile shot of a cods head please, they look suspiciously like some of the possible MC/TC hybrids I've been getting down here.

I'm up for some of my lures to get lost on a big bass, just need to get some building done first.......

Steve
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 4:37pm
thanks guys,

steve......will see how I go.
these are a different genetic strain than the ones at your end.....not a hybrid

hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 5:42pm
Nice report Jas, great read too, can't believe the size of those cod you AND Jack caught-----------AND it looks like you have outdone your old man in the +500  Bass stakes too.
Pete
Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 8:49pm
Jas, great pics and story mate. Some cracking bass and cod and nice water. Wowza comes to mind.

I am sure other members lures will produce the goods for you aswell. Will be great to see some more pics of those pigs.

Angus
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 9:01pm
Thanks guys..
pete...yet to send kez a pic yet...I think the one he got out of the dam at the meet/greet was 50.....so I may of pipped himWink.....51cm and wild....havent emailed him yet......BUT I WILLLOL

Angus,
I know that the other members lures will do the trick.......I have a tackle box packed with a good mixture of them, ready to go at 4am in the morning.....yaks are in the ute ready to go.....hope they are not playing hard to get with the cooler night.........With a bit of luck we should find some good ones on the surface with a pre dawn start......young jack is keen for his pb wild bass...I just hope they play the game for him ......So many times Ive thought I had worked out what the bass are doing and next trip...NOTHING!!...BUT thats fishin!........fingers crossed...
thanks for the interest guys
Jas

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 12:01am
Top fish Jas and Jack looks very pleased (so he should be)Thumbs Up
Martin-

barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 8:12am
Well done Jack and JasSmile

lm moving to Pomona..........LOL
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 11:26am
Good Stuff, great pictures, nice read...

Cheers

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 11:20pm
Well hit the water at 5am with the intention of using a tacklebox consisting only of luremakers from this site, a good mixture of lures to cover all conditions that would be encountered over a few hrs drifting snags/eddys/shallow sections/deep sections........More lures will be added to the box over the next month or so........so those that are not in here today will be next trip... and the next.... till they do the job.

Was hoping for a big start to the day with surface lures.....but after 20 minutes with no rises....I knew we were in for a tough day.
Eventually just on day break the water exploded and a nice bass hit the surface walker flat out....so fast it was swimming in mid air for a few seconds.
This one was CAUGHT ON A SURFACE WALKER MADE BY.......MENCHOClap

BASS CAUGHT ON MENCHOS SURFACE WALKER.

With darcys lure returned to the box.......Out came one of TOOCHS twitchy jointed walkers......3rd cast into the same spot and there was an almighty surface strike, and the drag was screaming.....gotta love the way these big bass hit.........JACK  was 15 mts away and commented instantly re. the commotion.
BASS CAUGHT ON TWITCHY JOINTED WALKER

With the sun up high, we decided to paddle downstream to cover a bit more water.....things were slower than expected......And I was keen to get jack a decent bass before the trip was through.
We casted for a couple of hrs without so much as a touch......at times putting lures deep into snags where they are not meant to go ....but still no bass!!!
Jack was using one of PUGLEES....FUGLY LURES....STRANDANGLA.....In black gold color.
Finally after 3 hrs he got a hit and a cracka bass had him twisted in knots as it went up down around and under his kyak........The current made it difficult to control and the bass got deep into a huge pile of snags left from the floods.......Ouch.....after 15 minutes of removing branch by branch and reaching up under the sticks...out came the strandangla.....but the bass had gone.....I felt sorry for jack as it had been long over due.

We got into a little deeper section, and I threw on one of JEFFS small black COFFIN LUREs he made for me to try on bass......the current was ripping along and I put a cast up in the base of a overhanging tree as I drifted past......The lure got belted instantly and to my surprise.....up popped this nice codClap
Ive never encountered cod in this stretch before...a quick pic and she swam away unharmed.
COD CAUGHT ON JEFFS COFFIN LURE

While I was fighting the cod, jack got steamtrained on the same snag, by another big bass that took PUGLEES STRANDANGLA at breakneck speed back into the timbers and spat the lure!!!!!! Jack was not a happy kid!...2 cracka bass both gooooone!!!

I had a lure I was really keen to see get a fish....its an old lure made by HAZMAIL....RAYNA LURES
first cast into a fallen tree and I got smoked.......by the time Id reacted the bass had gone deep and spat the lure....BUGGA!!

Things went quiet again and we came across a deeper stretch so I swapped over lures  to
a nice lure made by ANDO1........things were slow, and the tension could be felt in the air with poor jacko still not getting a fish after putting in some hard yards....only to lose his only 2 hits!!
It didnt help when ANDOS LURE got hit by what I thought was a big catfish.....I was surprised when this beautiful fish appeared in the green water.
Its great to see these fish spreading into areas we have not yet encountered them in previous seasons.
Once again a quick pic and released unharmed. 

COD CAUGHT ON A LURE MADE BY  ANDO1

Next out of the box was a lure made BY OLLIE OF STINGRAY LURES
This lure had 4 casts at a log resulting in a big boil under the water....next cast a solid bass nailed it and had drag screaming.....I was lucky to get it aboard as it was only just hooked by a small bit of skin in the lip.

BASS CAUGHT ON STINGRAY LURE

Jack swapped over to a deeper diving lure made by SQUIDDLY DIDDLY and positioned himself for the perfect cast hard up against a tree rooted bank under heavy foliage.....BANG.....FINALLY he was on again!!!!........and the concentration mixed with fear of losing another on his face was something special, after a good  solid fight he had his fish for the day.... and at 41 cm it was enough to get him grinning, A QUICK PIC AND RELEASE, A HIGH 5, AND A HUG......AND A BIG SIGH OF REFIEF FROM ME!!!!

BASS CAUGHT ON LURE MADE BY SQUIDDLY DIDDLY

jack sits out peak hr on the river

Almost back to the car, with a shallow section coming up I changed lures again back to the old lure made by Hazmail ...RAYNA LURES.
On its 2nd cast it got belted by a nice bass........this one really made my day......I love these old lures, and Im fortunate to have a few of them, the others will never be used, but I just had to do them justice and select one to take the plunge........after a 30 year break from fishing, they still do the job.Clap
BASS ON VINTAGE RAYNA LURE.

All in all a long slow day, many lures tried with a few doing the jobClap
Hopefully over the next month or so the other lures will have their turn.
cheers Jas

Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 6:25am
 Excellent stuff Nicho  Big smile  I get great enjoyment seeing one of my lures catch someone else a fish . 
I like pretty painted sticks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic