LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > Aussie Lures - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Info on R2S Live Mullet Swimbait

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Info on R2S Live Mullet Swimbait
    Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 10:43am
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any information on the old River2Sea Live Mullet swimbaits. They were a semi-hard/ semi-soft design and also came in a popper format. 

If anyone has any information on these I would love to hear it (the internet is absolutely lacklustre of information). Anything such as when they stopped production, size/ colour charts & images, how many jew people caught on them Tongueand if anyone knows of a place where some may still be lurking! I have been looking for information on these for over 6 months now with very little return

Thanks in advance,
Matt
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:33am
Hi Matt, that lure is still being made and is still available in some countries O/S.

Cheers Warren
Samurai Sportsfishing Lures
matt17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:44am
Hi Warren, thanks for responding. I've purchased a few smaller sized Megabait Charlies from America this year (I think this is the main brand who re-sold the same lure) Unfortunately they have also stopped production and the bigger models have become scarce. 
It would be great to see a few photos of the old R2S packaging and colours- I think Megabait replaced most colours with different designs. 

Cheers,
Matt

matt17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 9:42am
Bugger I think I may have posted this in the wrong section

Here's a pic of the lures I've been looking for, if anyone has any sitting around I'd love to see them! I'm unfamiliar of the colour chart sizes, etc...

Cheers,
Matt
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 10:01am
How big are these Matt
From memory I have several that could come into that category, not in packets and no branding on them that I have seen
I can dig them out but mine from memory are about 150mm /200mm long is it likely to be that size ?
Kimo
matt17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 10:24am
Hi Kimo,

Yes they would almost certainly be R2S, the larger ones you have were a very popular size! From what I know they range from 4" all the way up to a 10". Would be good to check have a look, cheers for the reply Smile

Thanks,
Matt
reddy time View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddy time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 3:25pm

Matt here are my river2sea lures the bibbed ones 16cm weight 66grms colour lm-001, 13.5cm 33grms colour lm-003, 11cm weight 20grms colour lm-003 and 9.5cm weight 12grms colour lm-006 the popper ones are 3 x 16cm weight 32grms colours lp-003, lp-008 and lp-12 and 12cm weight 16grms colour lp-12. the lp means live pop. Hope this all makes sense. I bought them about 5 years ago in a discount bin at a fishing shop at Rockdale Sydney. I got them as I heard they were good jewfish lures. These are the only ones I have seen in a shop.

Cheers Glenn
matt17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 4:01pm
Hi Glenn,

Thanks for replying and sharing your lures! I have never seen the dark blue/purple colour before so I appreciate the response. That's now another colour I will need to track down and collect!!
It's a great shop at Rockdale, I have found a few gems hidden behind the thousands of lures he has on the walls.
From what I know there is also a surface walker style in this range, similar to that of a cod/ bass walker with a large plastic cup face. I'm yet to Find one of these, but will keep looking.

Cheers
Matt
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 4:24pm
Hi Matt
A few sqidgies among these, also no longer made. I am not sure if the rest of them are all R2S but here they are
Thanks Glen for showing yours. It identified my 2 popper or cup faced ones.
Kim   

matt17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 6:34pm
Thanks for sharing Kimo!

Here are a few more photos of a collection from a friend in Sydney. Few nice colours in this mix.

The second photo also shows the walker I was talking about. I think they are the rarest of the lot

Keep the photos coming Smile

matt17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 6:35pm
Second photo 

Cheers 
Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic