LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > Asian Lures > Japanese Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Japanese Timber Lure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Japanese Timber Lure
    Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 11:23pm
I was wondering if anyone has used one of these EVERGREEN CUSTOM WOOD BIG BAITS produced by TOSHIFUMI KIKUMOTO?It has to be a good murraycod topwater lure,as its big and very similar to a Jackall Mikey.
THE CODFATHER
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 11:27pm
I've got one but haven't fished it yet.
Naturally any lure called the noisy duck I must have.
Purely from my observation I would say they are significantly stronger than the Mikey.
I've seen pics with cod already so they seem to work.
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 11:37pm
You are right Ducks they look to be stronger than a Jackall Mikey and close to double the price of a Jackall Mikey so they would wanna be i hope.I know of a few guys down here using the mikey also in the Murrumbidgee around Canberra and they have been getting good cod on it.Thanks for replying Ducks.
THE CODFATHER
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 11:44pm
To be honest I think the Mikey is the most disappointing thing I've bought in a while. I know they are catching fish but they look and feel weak. They only carry very light hooks for a lure that size too.

For anyone looking for budget friendly introduction to swimbaits there is a guy on ebay with Lucky Craft Real California 128s for under $10US with free shipping on 3 lures. The exchange rate bites a bit at the moment.

I've got a small handful of swimbaits that I'm taking to Brazil next month. The steady retrieve should be a good option for a breather after working the big topwaters.
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 11:49pm
I have one of the Real California swimbaits in rainbow trout colour too.Did they ever catch any decent fish i was wondering as mine is still in the packet.$10 US is still a bargain cause mine cost me $60 Australian
THE CODFATHER
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 11:51pm
Please keep us posted of the results they get in Brazil ,DucksThumbs Up
THE CODFATHER
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 12:10am
The California swims nice. But nothing ate it for me yet. I got a trout and a aurora perch color.
No cod in Sydney but ever hopeful a king or jew might inhale it.
The eBay seller is called ilovehardbait - I'm not sure why but the 128 size only are 10 each. Maybe they are overstock or end if line?
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 12:20am
I definately think a kingy would be all over it.I also think that all Jackalls have soft hooks and have had several hooks on the TN60 and TN70 straightened from big cod.All Jackalls must have there hooks upgraded in my opinion.
THE CODFATHER
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 4:04pm
Hey - quick update back on this.
The swimbaits I took to Brazil (a Love lure, a Lucky Craft California 128, and a Noisy Dachs, and a Nicho Mauler) all swam nice but the conditions weren't really amenable to doing them justice.
I fished surface while ever there was a surface bite, so I lent towards the wake bait style.
The Nicho was brutally smashed in a snag pile, and my wire was chewed through.
The Noisy Dachs looked super nice swimming but was tough to cast in the country I was in at the time.
The sinking models sank and got me in trouble.

They are a great way to fish though - from the surface ones to the winking ones.  Great actions.  Easy to work.  Can do anything.
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 4:48pm
Thanks Ducks for the report.It must be exciting to witness the strikes of the surface and i am only waiting to next month to test my Noisy dachs (i dont want to upset the so called experts that critize you catching cod in closed season even though they are catching and targeting cod themselves).I have a spot on the bidgee that is shallow and holds metre plus cod so i am going to swim my noisy dachs there next month,cicadas should be active to around December
THE CODFATHER
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 11:28pm
I have been using this noisy dachs lure now for almost a month and let me tell you the cod love this lure.My good mate this afternoon nailed a cod around 65cms on the surface with it,and we witnessed many more strikes and boils behind the lure.I must admit it sounds like a duck when it swims and that figures how it got its name.I also heard though the grape wine that a lure maker around Canberra has started making his own version of this lure and cant wait to get my hands on one also.
THE CODFATHER
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 3:00pm
Here it is Nicho that pic you asked for
THE CODFATHER
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 4:23pm
Cheers mate...im making something you may like but is still in trial.
it works but still tweaking to satisfy myself yet.
ducks was part of the trial on his last trip but they were rushed and rough.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 4:35pm
Yea Nicho you need to get those jointed wake baits cranking out mate.
Like I said - I wish I had more time with that #1!

The Noisy Dachs is a big bugger though. An inch longer and probably 4x as much timber through the body.

Here's a picture against the Nicho paddler.

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 4:47pm
Thats a bloody big lure ducks!
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 8:23pm
Yea mate. They are certainly that.
Nice bit of kit though.
If I get up to the expo I'll try to remember to bring it up for you to have a look at.
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 10:50pm
Your right Ducks they certainly are a big lure and really sound like a duck too,can see why they called them noisy dachs
THE CODFATHER
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic