LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Lure Collecting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jaysea Barra 150

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jaysea Barra 150
    Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 3:21pm
Was there a lot of these Jaysea Barra 150’s made, these are the first ones I’ve seen.
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 8:45pm
Hi
I no nothing about the Jayseas, but the bottom lure in the bottom picture, yellow gold with an orange bib
Do you have any knowledge on that one. It looks like a lure that used to be molded here in S A, no longer made
If I am correct, I looked up some history on it a few years back but cant remember the name
I have 3 of them put away some where, just curious if it is the same lure or if they where made by others. I have a name tagged on mine that I was happy with at the time.
Cheers Kimo   
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 9:10pm
Hi, Lyonel, The 150 JaySea Barra was introduced into the JaySea range by Brett Choyce who was the second owner of JaySea Lures, sorry I can't help you with the numbers sold.

Cheers Warren
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 9:29pm
Thanks Warren , the other lure Kimo is one of the ones made on SA bit I can’t remember the name either
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 9:06pm
Hi Lyonel
Yer the Lures were called Frenzy not sure if spelling is correct
I came across them in an old magazine a year or so back, added a few digits to the phone number advertised and spoke to the son of the original manufacturers
He informed me that his father had died some time back and that the lady who painted them used to come in and mold and paint them for some time after his dads death. Then she stopped not sure if it was to much for her or lack of sales.
From the phone conversation, I got the impression that the lure manufacturing was more a hobby part of the business as they where a reasonable large manufacturer of Aluminium Furniture as seen in Public places and reserves.
Cheers Kio     
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic