Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Jaysea
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JAYSEA COLLECTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JAYSEA COLLECTION
    Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 12:08pm
Rainy day here so time in the shed trying to organise a complete mess.
Most of the lures here have at some stage been posted in separate threads on here, but I wanted to start a new thread to keep all my JAYSEAS in one spot, so I can easily add to it over time and keep track of what I have.
Thanks to a few members on here for helping me add to my collection over time and a big thanks to Warren Nicholson for adding to my collection and giving me a good background of info to go with them.

Early one off prototypes of TAIPANS

This lure I believe was called Lady Lure?
only a handful were made

the lures below still in packets
are a TOGA and a WASSA
top left are NEEKOS and timber poppers
not sure if others had model names
all timber

close up of NEEKOS

Jaysea FREDDOS....warren wasn't happy with these as they would sometimes land upside down and not correct themselves when casted so only made a few dozen before he ceased making them.

The WILD ONE (WILD THING)...a small lure that was hard to mould so was dropped from the range.

THE GREMLIN...with a few original unpainted moulds

Only 6 caps were made to advertise the GREMLIN

Jaysea MOUSE LURE

Large offshore JAYSEA POPPERS

JAYSEA BAKER KRAYS

A bunch of prototypes in various stages of development
before the models were put to production, each has the ptp number written underneath.....the pink jigging lure was designed for offshore reef fishing.

These lures were made by warren for rock fishing in NSW
made from cutting up an old refrigerator tray
adding paint and hooks.

below is a prototype of a Patriot 80

prototypes with spiders added to them for a bit of difference

These lures were made by warren for the Hinchinbrook barra comp
only 10 or 12 were made....some say theres more but warren points out that he only made 12 max...and all were this colour blue in same pattern, all the same, except the nippers which were added as an after thought vary in colour as he just used a few spare nippers from the Baker Kray line.
He believes that any others out there with nippers added that are not painted this colour blue... must of had the nippers added at a later date...but not by warren himself.

[IMG]uploads/177/P1040707.JPG[/IMG
This pouch was sent to me by a generous member to add to my collection
(cheers mate)...very few were made, and it adds a nice touch to the older lures.

And a group shot

a bunch of patriot 80s 65s and 50s

The red lure in this pic below is a one off experiment, its a MUNDI 80 with Kray nippers added and painted in the same colour.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 1:37pm
Love them all Nicho... thanks for sharing them 

simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 2:18pm
Nice work Nicho thanks for sharing pics of your collection and the info with us.
the fish aren't art critics
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 2:57pm
NO, Sel, you cant buy all the lures you see .WinkLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 3:03pm
Nice Nicho,

I have a picture of a friends Jaysea pouch with the original lures in I still. I will post a picture up for your info if you like.
Cheers
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 3:10pm
Awesome collection Nicho - great stuff. With some of those lures there people may be able to  finally identify some of their lures. Will vcertainly have me checking some of mine.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 3:47pm
Awesome collection Nicho...you have been busy!
cheers steiny
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Aussbasstony Aussbasstony wrote:

Nice Nicho,

I have a picture of a friends Jaysea pouch with the original lures in I still. I will post a picture up for your info if you like.
Cheers

hi tony...sounds good mate...cheers

thanks for comments guys...any you find martin

steiny ive had a lot of these for over 16 years or more....being locally made, I used them a lot....got a lot of fish on them...wasn't till I found this site and read a few storys behind the making of the lures....the names and how they relate with me.. that I thought id pull them from the tacklebox and start adding to them.
ive caught some great fish on the old wooden ones and they hold some great memories.

Always looking to add to this collection, so anyone that may be thinking of off-loading any of their JAYSEAS in the future please let me know...and hopefully we can do a deal.

hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 6:49pm
Don't remember seeing these Jas, bloody nice collection though--I suspect you have spent a lot of hours sourcing these.
Great post.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 7:48pm
Hi Nicho, this is the Wrap I told you about, my friend was given this at a fishing Tournament many many years ago.  On top are two plastic crays which had the Different bib in them I think.  the other one still inside was just a Minnow lure. 

Note, This one does not have the trade details as on yours. 

I'm not sure if this was the norm but these have never been swum or changed out of the Wrap. 

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 7:50pm
Pete...most of these or at least the oldest ones would of been in tackleboxes in my boat when you were up....slowly sorting through stuff.....slowly.

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 7:53pm
Cheers tony...must of been same comp...gold coast I think from memory...I hope warren will see this post and help confirm any lures dates etc.
.thanks for posting.....good to see theres another that survived the decades.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

Cheers tony...must of been same comp...gold coast I think from memory...I hope warren will see this post and help confirm any lures dates etc.
.thanks for posting.....good to see theres another that survived the decades.

It would only take a phone call next week to confirm where from.....Would it be the Flathead classic ?
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 7:59pm
That rings a bell tony....I think it may be...I will ask warren this week.
cheers
Jas

micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 8:24pm
Great collection Jas
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 8:58pm
The Pink jigging lure - did this go into production? I'm sure I had a couple of dozen of them years ago.
Got them in a job lot then traded them for estuary stuff...
Pink mostly but maybe some orange ones?
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 11:17pm
Mmmmmmm, very nice collection Nicho, love Warrens work.

Would it be ok if I posted a couple pic's of my meagre few on your thread mate ??

Gristy
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 8:21am
Hi carl....no worries mate....we should just make sure everyone is sitting down before you do though im sure :)   

grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

Hi carl....no worries mate....we should just make sure everyone is sitting down before you do though im sure :)   

No mate I really don't have many Cry, just can't seem to find em, will try and get on to post some pic's tonite, busy house painting at the moment Unhappy
Gristy
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 12:47pm
If you look in the vault they are in there carl...with the others ;)

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 2:12pm
Still looking for you Nicho Thumbs Up
Martin-

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 3:38pm
Thanks martin...your a champ.

reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014 at 5:15pm
ive got a couple here nicho if you are keen, bloody nice collection you have there mate well done
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 2:15pm
I'm pretty sure that lure pouch was part of a sponsorship package at the 1994 Flathead Comp, but I have been wrong beforeEmbarrassed

Cheers Warren
Paul G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 5:04pm
Wow Jas!
Awesome collection, puts my dozen to shame!!

Cheers,
Paul.
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 5:36pm
Great Collection Nicho! They look fantastic all together. Thanks for sharing.

Matt
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 6:09pm
well a few more arrived to add to the collection
this is starting to freak me out a bit...I prefer to look at it as gathering...it sounds better

received a new on card barra lure this week

and 3 old timbers arrived... a timber NEEKO , an old timber jaysea key ring, and the small green lady lure is smaller than my other so im happy about that,as I had thought they were all the one size.

size difference

I still reckon theres a similarity between the lady lures and a
wild one/thing....bottom of pic
maybe one influenced the design of the other?

thanks for looking

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 6:13pm
Some great additions there Nicho - I didn't know so many styles were around
Martin-

lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 6:16pm
Love the green one very nice indeed
cheers Graeme
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 6:34pm
No Nicho, I did the Lady lure long before the Wild One came on the scene. The Lady was done on one of my bored days, very few ever made and were never put on the market.

Warren
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 7:32pm
Jason & Warren

Sponsorship pouch from Jaysea Lures was 1995 GCFC - Thanks again Mr Patriot..Thumbs Up

Good to see it looks cleaner Jas..hahaClap

wadeyBig smile
www.reeldealfishing.com.au
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 10:39am
Another small bit of history to go with this is that the  green Jaysea lure pouches were made by RON HENDERSON....maker of LOCAL LURES.

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 11:41am
Heres a selection of the lures that warren released this year, 2015.....the blanks were off the original moulds from early 1990"s and found by warren in his mother in laws shed in 2015.
These lures were painted  by warren using color schemes not used on jaysea lures before, and carded.
These lures were sold in very limited numbers.
This post may help some ids in the future showing different paint patterns etc.

Warren was surprised at the interest of NUDE lures....so decided to put his own spin on a NUDE LURESmile

These BAKER KRAYS are 2 of a very small number painted in these colors boxed and signed.

These small winged patriot lures are a couple of a very small few made/boxed and signed by warren.

the CICADA was produced  using the body of the GREMLIN and wings from the BAKER KRAY.

close up showing the different backing cards warren experimented with before deciding on the one on right as the standard.

the BAKER KRAYS...the cards on the left and right are different from the others.

the WILD ONE.....the black card differs from the others.

RossPerth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RossPerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 7:15pm
Wow wow wow
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 7:56pm
Very nice collection and i have one of the first baker krays with white eyes
THE CODFATHER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic