Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Jaysea
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jaysea Gremlin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jaysea Gremlin
    Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 9:40pm
HI guys , heres a lure I found in my popper collection....He's a gremlin..WinkWinkWink....Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

Craig View Drop Down

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 10:06pm
Nice stuff Pete, 
I believe that this is really a Keith Baker Lure, Warren bought the rights to his range and last time I spoke to Warren he still owned them. 
JaySea Lures that I think were part of that range include the Freddo Frog, Baker Kray, Wild Thing and your Gremlin. The eyes are a dead give away on all of these models. They are all very rare, the Freddo Frog would be the rarest of them all, and they all came in timber and molded. 
While a lot of people see Peter as the apex of NSW lures, for me it's Keith. Keith was far more in touch with the fish, like Eric, and the animals that lived with the fish. 
Tagged and released
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 10:10pm
Hi Craig , It's amazing how things change when Lure makers sell their companies ....Very confusing sometimesConfusedConfusedConfused....Pete.

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 1:05am
Nice find Pete! Thumbs Up

Originally posted by Craig Craig wrote:

Nice stuff Pete, 
I believe that this is really a Keith Baker Lure, Warren bought the rights to his range and last time I spoke to Warren he still owned them. 
JaySea Lures that I think were part of that range include the Freddo Frog, Baker Kray, Wild Thing and your Gremlin. The eyes are a dead give away on all of these models. They are all very rare, the Freddo Frog would be the rarest of them all, and they all came in timber and molded. 
While a lot of people see Peter as the apex of NSW lures, for me it's Keith. Keith was far more in touch with the fish, like Eric, and the animals that lived with the fish. 

Wow some great information there Craig - I didn't know about the Gremlin originally being one of Keith Bakers, loved them already but that adds icing on the cake as I too am a big fan of Keith Baker - there is so little information I know about his lures, although the timber Baker Crays are certainly amongst my favourite lures, hmmm now to find a timber gremlin..... ConfusedLOL (haven't even seen a Freddo Frog!)

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 1:11am
Here's a few more, whatever you do Pete, don't feed it after Midnight!

Cheers, Tony

tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 7:40am
Nice colour range Tony. I'd like to see the freddo froggie as well.... Very interesting..ClapClapClap...Pete.

Craig View Drop Down

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 8:05am
Have a look in the JaySea section under Fredo. 
Hooks are on either side, which when it landed on it back it was like a turtle, fecked. 
I think Warren only had Alan make 50, and Warren wasn't happy with them and they stopped. 
Timber ones ? I do know where there is a couple. But lets just leave it at North Qld. Just for Jenny's sake.
They came in two different sizes in timber but only the small size was molded.
The Wild Thing was also to hard to be made by Alan, and sort of Alan traded the Wild Thing to someone else and soon enough it stopped being made also. NICHO has one of these Tony, lol lol.
Tagged and released
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 8:04pm
Hi Craig , I had alook at the Froggie and I don't think I'd like to collect those things....ShockedShockedShocked...Pete.

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 12:37pm

WinkI believe nicho could also have the original design protoype for the wild thing also!!Shocked

Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Craig View Drop Down

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 1:12pm
Will have to come visit I think
Tagged and released
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2010 at 1:30pm
will have to do that craig, got a few that id like to learn a bit more about,
if I could sort out how to do photos for posts that would be good too?????????????

darcymenchin View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Mencho Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcymenchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 5:16pm
Hi Guys .
Here is a Freddo I had posted it in the Jaysea lures and I think that some people are misconstrued that I made it sadly I did not ,but you never know ??????
Regards Darcy.

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by NICHO NICHO wrote:

WinkI believe nicho could also have the original design protoype for the wild thing also!!Shocked

When was it you were thinking of coming to Hervey Bay Nicho? WinkLOL

Cheers, Tony

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 6:26pm
Hi Tony,
should be soon, I know a really dangerous bit of snaggy water that I want to flick the wild thing in.LOL

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by NICHO NICHO wrote:

Hi Tony,
should be soon, I know a really dangerous bit of snaggy water that I want to flick the wild thing in.LOL

Great news re visiting soon Cool

ummm about fishing the Wild Thing 61LOL

Cheers, Tony

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 6:53pm
Yeah fish em regulary, lose the odd one, but got so many of them it doesnt really matter!LOL
It kind of adds that element of excitment to each cast! I Suppose Im an adrenalin junky AT HEART 

reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 8:52am
here are a few of my timber gremlins hope you like them tonyWink
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 10:59am
Wow Steven, you certainly have fine taste in lures Sir! 65

Amazing lures each and every one - Any info you can share with us on these stunners? (I have about a million questions running around in my head as I ogle that picture) LOL

Cheers, Tony

reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 6:41pm
hi tony,the four timber gremlins i have are the only ones i have seen the two bigger ones were carved by keith as his hands started to give him trouble and he was unable to carve smaller lures.that is how most of his bigger lures came about. bloody arthritis!Wink
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 7:27pm
JAW DROPPERS is all ya can say really GOLDClapClapClapClapClapBig smileBig smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic