LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Luremakers Biographies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jim McConnachie Lures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 11:24am
What a great post about JM lures , thanks Barry

I enjoyed reading this too much my legs fell asleep on the Throne

Teach me to log on with my phone

Brad I'm glad you gave the piece to such a ledgend of lure making

Cheers Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 1:37am
Originally posted by CaptainCranky CaptainCranky wrote:

On visiting Jim last week he came up with some more bib cutting dies that he made for his lures.

Tony do you know what was used to apply the pressure to cut the bibs out        A Vice ?

And was Jim waring a hat and a denim jacket at the lure show last year ?

Thanks Rick
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 2:03am
Originally posted by finnsurance finnsurance wrote:

Tony do you know what was used to apply the pressure to cut the bibs out        A Vice ?

And was Jim waring a hat and a denim jacket at the lure show last year ?

Thanks Rick

I'm not sure Rick, possibly a press? Barry might be able to help us out on that.

Yes Jim was wearing a cap and denim jacket, and held a very captive audience at the carving demo Thumbs Up
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 7:55am
Can't relive I didn't read this bio earlier.
Thanks Barry for posting this up and the guys here for bumping the topic back up.

I got to meet Jim at the expo last year, and you're right Barry "I didn't know who he was".
Now I'm kicking myself for not getting one of his lures.
He was a really nice guy to talk to and his lures weren't expensive.

Love reading bio/stories behind the lures
Hope I get to meet him again next week

Thanks again
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 3:49pm
Thank Barry was there 2 people doing carving demos or one ? I'm just trying to put faces to names
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 5:50pm

vice was used.I only thought there was one doing a demo however I did not see because I was inside holding the fort.

The Journey is the Reward

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 12:46am
Thanks for confirming Tony on the vice - its a simple but effective looking set up but you can see the work he put into fileing them out

If any one knows a guy that can machine a setup like this with a bib supplied by me please give me a pm

Thanks again Tony for putting this post about some of Jim , its stuff like this that's a great help and good to know

I'm very pleased I have one of his lures in the Y&B Aussie maker set I'm putting together.

I did meet him he is a gentleman that's for sure I just wished I had more time to talk to him now I see how clever he is with his lure making

Cheers Rick
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 2:17pm
Great read Barry, sorry I missed this earlier--just goes to show not much has changed in luremaking here in 40-50 years-  these pioneers certainly were talented and we all have them to thank for their great little machines and tricks.
Thanks Jim, and Barry.
Pete 
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 11:32am
Does anyone know if there is going to be any of Jim's lures for sale this weekend??
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 6:14pm
No there will not be any.I have posted them up on the site a few times in the for sale section.
The Journey is the Reward

Jimmac View Drop Down

JM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 11:11pm
Sorry I won't be with you lot this year, I am going to Melbourne with another passion of mine, wood turning.  Last year I was lucky enough that a yokel from the sticks was to "cream" the experts and take their top prize off them Big smile.  I have given lure making away, permanently.  You MAY be able to con a few out of the Captain Wink.
Yes a vice was used with the bib cutters.
Jim
Steve B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 12:26pm
Very informative, I'm now inspired to make a bib press. Jim if you're reading this, I too like wood turning.
Cheers Steve
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 4:36pm
Great read, Thanks Barry.
Wonder if Terry Leadbeater spent some time with Jim as a young bloke?
Atheism is a non prophet organisation
james32 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 7:35pm
You did really very great work.
You inspired me a lot.
Thanks for this inspiration.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic