LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > European Fishing Lures > French Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JUST A FEW FRENCH LURES TO VIEW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JUST A FEW FRENCH LURES TO VIEW
    Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 7:58am
Le "Virodul"

This is a neat and unusual lure, believed to be a Le Virodul lure, possibly by KY-THIEN and H.BAZIN

The Conix

One of the weirder lures I have seen called the Conix, by B-SGDG. The principle is that the soft rubber cone shape collapses on impact with the mouth of the fish, thus exposing the hook to strike!

Another neat and unusual one. This is the L'Antivrilleur, created by G. Huss. It came in a variety of styles, sizes and colours and features a three hook set-up with the outer hooks spinning with the lure and the tail hook staying in line with the stem wire

These are Ondoyante lures by Rudipech and are similar in design, style and function to the Heintz Blinker German and Swiss lure. The top is the earliest version with the bottom more modern.

A Rublex Rubber minnow, much thicker than the normal minnow designs

A nice boxed set of the Rublex Voblex lures. Hard rubber head section, sometimes interchangeable with other sizes of the base wire and spinner.

A not so common French rubber lure called the Sosy with articulated body section and twin hook as the Plucky.The larger versions are more articulated.

I will add more lures as I go along and have time. I hope you like and always nice to have extra lure knowledge I think!!!

TIGHT LINES FROM SCOTLAND!

Tightest of lines to you!
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 8:10am
Very interesting.
  What sort of age period do the come into.
I have seen Rublex Voblex lures and  the Sosy in Tassie I thought around the early 60's I do not think I have ever seen them again until now.
Could there have been different sizes in the Sosy
The others are all new to me.
I like the spinners and metal lures which were commonly used back in the 50's and 60's (in Tassie) but that Huss spinner has what appears to be a very unusual design.
When you have a moment could you add a couple more shots at different angles.
Thanks  for showing them.
Regards John
goldenfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 8:20am
Hi John. No problem, I have a few of the Huss lures which I will add. The Virodul I believe is around the 30's to mid 40's, possibly earlier and I know it is quite rare. I have a larger Sosy and also I will list some nice assorted Vivif lures including a whopper! I have also aded to the Pecos and Eel-let topic!
Take care for now,
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 8:23am
ThanksThumbs Up
Baroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 5:59pm
Seem to make lures like they make their cars.
Regards,

Marc - STDZ Lures - Catch fish,fish a STDZ instead.
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 6:23pm
Always interesting to see old Lures from verius Countries. Thanks fore chowing and looking foreward to see the others you have.
Wondered now you are to the French Lures. I have these nice Rublex Alta i have tried to find some time frame on. Can you help here thanks
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 7:38pm
That is a interesting lot
p.j.
goldenfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 8:54pm
It seems I have insufficient permission to view the Rublex Alta pics!!!!???
goldenfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 8:56pm
Ah, don't know what happened there but I can see now. Niceset and worth framing. Rublex did quite a lot of assorted spinners, Celta, Ondex, Nelta, and others. They turn up from time to time. Thanks for the show!!!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 10:05pm
Thanks Dave. Any chance of a tiny bid on their age Smile Have an idea it is the 60´ties. Have used a lot off the French Spinners from the 70´ties and foreward, cant recal these from then.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
goldenfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 10:59pm
I would suggest mid to late 60's. The Patent was applied for in 1965 and granted USA patent 1966. The company Rublex appeared to go out of business in 1986 but another company has taken the rights to produce the Rublex brand even now. These are probably around 1965ish as they were producing before the patent was granted.
Here's some boxed ones found on the net!!

Courtesy of salmonforum!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 8:05am
Dave do you happen to have any of the earlier Rublex, styled celtas in you collection by any chance.
Something we have not seen a lot of over here.
Would there have been a link with the Rublex, Celta Brand with Mitchell reels
How does Aglia French styled celtas fit in to the mix.  (Seperate company or not?)
Found a lure yesterday.
regards John
goldenfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 8:21pm
Hi John
I have some assorted Celta and Veltic which I will take some pics of and post for you all. Condition isn't brill but they are what they are.
David
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 10:09pm
Thanks Mate and that huss green spinner as well.

Regards John
cornboy888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornboy888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 7:23am
G`day, Just a question about the Rublex Rubber Minnow.  How many different sizes did they make?  That is the second one I have seen and it is a little different to the other one .    The other one is only  30mm long or   1  1/4"   in the old scale. It has a brass plug at the base where the wire goes through.  It doesn`t have the orange plastic over hook shank.  Thanks for posting your lures. 
regards Chris
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 7:56am
Hi Chris
I only have these, and thy are in 2 sizes.
105mm. overall. Rubber Minnow 64mm. weight 6 grams
85mm. overall. Rubber Minnow 52mm. weight 4 grams.
Maybe David can provide us with more.
Regards Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
goldenfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldenfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 9:58am
Hi again, some more lures I have found and photographed. I don't have any of the Alta in the dropfish style and don't know a lot about the sizes. I know there were different type of the rubber fish you could attach and I think each company made a different style. Anyway, some more eye candy!!! More pics of the Huss Barry!

Now a few of the Rublex lures, not brilliant condition but shows some of the different styles:

The Ondex - I believe these have been re-licensed and are being produced by a Russian company. From what I know, these are the earlier ones.

Some Celta lures, the top one is just a plain overlayed colour rather than the perch stripes so often seen on the Rublex lures.

Some Veltics,. I believe these went up to a size 5.

A couple of Nelta lures. These don't seem as common as some of the other Rublex for some reason.

A pair of Alta lures, well used!! Note the difference in the barrel compared to the others, top plastic cone!

Some other French stuff following these Rublex. Some neat and unusual ones.

Luxor Rafale lures by Pezon Michel

A Valse lure

La Grille.....wonder why they called it that, a hint somewhere!!!!

An Olympique lure.....these were also done in a dropfish model, I have some somewhere I'll add later.

Adyss lures. These are rubber with a plastic front "coin"....probably acted like a popper lure maybe?

A larger version of the Sosy lure!

A nice group of unusual miscellaneous items that came with French lots I have bought over time.

More stuff coming tomorrow hopefully with some real interesting and unusual items!!!

TIGHTLINES FOR NOW!!!

cornboy888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornboy888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 2:48pm
Thanks P.J. .  But I meant the rublex rubber minnow {devon style} that goldenfox put up.  It is the fifth photo from the top.  Thanks anyway. Yours are still pretty good though.  Thanks for the response
  regards chris
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 6:37pm
Thanks David  Some little rippers there.
I had a feeling the spinner was a bit different, but it was nothing like I thought it was .
Any idea when it first hit the market. You would think by the design early 1900's

Is it celluliod or a type of pastic on the spinners on the last photo, they are something very different as well.

I think I came across a Valse lure with the red plastic only recently, I thought the writing was Palse.
New nothing about the lure.
I will try and find it again, would that be around the 50's, surprised that it made our shores,
 Who would have been the  maker  . Rublex? 

Regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 1:04pm
Located mine had the following printed on the brass sleeve
Made in France
Exclusively for
Marathon Bait Co
full length of mine is 3 inches
who actually was the manufacturer in France.
regards John

SouthernLakes View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthernLakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 7:45am
Hello all,

I'm looking for information in the Eel-let fishing lure that was made in France I believe in and around the 60s and 70s.

http://www.oudkunstaas.nl/category/collection/french-lures/page/2/

So far I have managed to track down several companies that may have been linked to the original manufacturer/importing of this lure including Rublex, Garcia/Mitchell and ABU Garcia. I've also noted some discussion on a possible patent on this lure in the USA possibly under the Charles Garcia company.

I'm trying to find out if any company currently holds the patent and or rights to manufacture this lure, any help anyone can provide it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Jason
stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 7:59am
any idea were these fellows fit into the equation

REMEMBER FOOLS RUSH IN WERE ANGELES FEAR TO TREAD
Kelly Boy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 8:37am
Hello Stinger,

Charles Garcia was an American seller of European sport tackle. The "blue" card is a dealers shop display from the late 1950s, maybe early 1960s. It is a nice find, you should try and complete it.

Cheers, Mike.
dishley View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dishley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 11:52am
"Adyss lures. These are rubber with a plastic front "coin"....probably acted like a popper lure maybe?"

Lurelogic made similar bibs that acted a bit like a chatterbait the action was really quite good, is that weighted at all?
stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 12:25pm
hi MIKE

i original bought these to fish with but decided against it.......we cannot buy rublex veltics in australia anymore ,,,there a great yellowbelly lure in size 5 or 6  .......cheers ROD
SouthernLakes View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthernLakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 12:50pm
Hi the Rublex Veltics are still going strong in New Zealand, I'm sure there will be a website there where you can pick up some from, they are a favorite of my own and I have a solid supply in my tackle box, but would really love to populate the my tackle box with some more Eel-lets, sadly I'm down to my last one... :-(
stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 8:05pm
MATE I KNOW A BLOKE WHO I THINK COULD MAKE THOSE EEL  TAIL THINGS ARE THEY MADE OF WOOD
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 4:04am
very interesting reading , thanks for taking the time to post . Thumbs Up
Darkside Slayer and Zombie hunter.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 3:55pm
great collection, got a mixed bag of french lures also......classic shapes thanks for posting, keep them coming.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Arn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 10:07pm
Rublex French celtas... best ever! I wish I knew what we had back then, no other trout celta has ever been the same!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic