LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > European Fishing Lures > Norwegian Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

K.A.R. "World finest" massproduced lure?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: K.A.R. "World finest" massproduced lure?
    Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 8:27pm
In the early 1930's Torleif Rasmussen started making very nice lures In Oslo, Norway. The first was made in 830S silver, later he used copper plated with silver or pure gold.
After some years his lures was sold in waterproof boxes, and all lures had a number. see pic. under.

Here a gold-plated No.74 "Peer" (Gynt) Some had a name in addition to the number.

Some years ago I made this board with all lures from the ca. 1960 catalog, the big in the middle are made for display use but made at least as good made as the others. The dark lures on the top are plated with palladium a kind of platina.

Lures where sold one by one but also in sets, these sets are extremly rare today. Here are all the big salmon-spoons.

The K.A.R. lure production stoped around 1967.
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 11:50pm
Thanks fore showing jon. first time i see the full Salmon set. Have a few KAR my self, one like the Pict.
Got to go visit you some day, to see all of your stunning collction. that wuold be a great experience 
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Jon View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 1:36am
As I wrote these sets are extremly rare to find. But after many years of hard work I have them all.
I do not know these in other collections.

This is the medium size set

And here the smaller for troutfishing

I have some more pics. Here are the first types, before 1937. No scales and the redpaint on the inside

Here two fluorescent from ca 1941

At last a Swedish salesman-kit ca 1950(?)
Kelly Boy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 4:53am
Hey Jon,

What do I have here ?

I guess its a Nr. 65 ? I would call the colour "Sea Trout". Would that be close ?

Always looking to trade.

Cheers, Mike.
Jon View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 9:35am
You are close but it is a No.66. It also have the name "Trollstripe" I belive it means the same in english.

Its paint are a copy of the legendary Norwegian Aasen decor, see under Delfin lures. Made for  brown- and seatrout mostly.

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 9:45am
Nice collection...the display board looks cool!
cheers steiny
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 8:54pm

very nice metalsThumbs Up

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 1:54am
yep very cool collection there ........
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 8:06am
Great collection and interesting detailed display  Jon
Were you lucky enough to get quite a few lures in one go, or has it been a hard slog to put together.

Thanks for posting

Regards John

ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 5:37pm
Now that's some serious bling! Awesome collections. Love the way they come in the packs.
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Jon View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Screamingreel Screamingreel wrote:

Great collection and interesting detailed display  Jon
Were you lucky enough to get quite a few lures in one go, or has it been a hard slog to put together.

Thanks for posting

Regards John

I have got very much of these lures from one man over several years. Some as the very first types I have collected one by one.

Jon
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 7:44am
Thanks Jon
Jon View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 7:52pm
The K.A.R. lure Driva was 22grams but there where made some havier too. I belive they where prototypes because I never seen them in any catalog or list. And I do not know them in other collections.

The numbers on the "Driva" are:
120 Palladium
123 Silver
124 Gold
128 Copper

Here we see the havy lures/spoons 35 and 40grams.

popster37 View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popster37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 12:29am
Hello all, New to this forum & looking for help in identifying what I have. Backed is stamped "KAR 12".
Thanks for any assistance you can provide. What a fantastic site. Bill in Vermont

Jon View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 7:32am
You have a # 114 a 12grams lure in gold. I do not remember that it has a name in addition like some of the others.
A 15grams of the same lure has # 104

12g           15g
Silver     #113          #103
Gold       #114         #104
Copper  #118         #108

As I told before, lures in gold are gold-plated, pure gold.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic