LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Luremakers Biographies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KEN Hendry seeker lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendan t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KEN Hendry seeker lures
    Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 12:50pm
Has any one got some info on KEN Hendry ie seeker lures or any books he might have been in cheers Brendan
brendan t
Casa View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 11:56am
I wish I did as I'm trying to get value on some I have on the card they come with 
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 4:09pm
There was a story. I will get back to you.
Debbie.
whitey1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitey1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 9:48pm

SEEKER LURES

A TRIBUTE

KEN HENDRY: 1935—1996

THE MAN AND HIS LURES

THE MAN
Much has been written about the Seekers.
This tribute is from a more personal angle about their creator.
I have never met Ken but I do know some of his close relatives for a long time.
Ken was a fisherman who made lures. A classic story of a cottage lure maker.
Phyllis, his wife said that he would have been quite pleased that there are people out there interested enough to collect his lures.
Ken‘s occupation as a butcher started after his learnt his trade locally in Bendigo. He then worked for his uncle in a butcher shop at View St Bendigo. 
Later on he gained the position as a meat inspector. He continued in this role until he retired at the age of 53 due to ill health. In between time he did a three months stint in what was known as National Service during the Korean conflict.

He put in a more serious effort in making lures after he retired and continued to do so until his sudden passing at the age of 61. That is a relatively short career as a lure maker of one of Australia’s iconic lures.
He is survived by his wife and two daughters and their children, whom Ken took on numerous fishing trips. They have fond memories of these trips and many photos were evidence of them.

As common to some other lure makers, Ken made lures for himself to fish with. Then some mates wanted some made because they caught fish. He was involved with the local Field and Game scene and soon the demand for his lures increased and he went into a more serious lure production mode. And the Seeker was born.
His work shop was at the back of his house in Kangaroo Flat. He would spend many hours, sometimes in the freezing cold, shaping and carving his lures, using a spoke shave and other instruments.

Have copied this information from somewhere. There is also a photo of him in a butcher shop but unable to load.
Hope it helps.
Regards Whitey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic