LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Killalure
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Killer Killa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Killer Killa
    Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 3:32pm
Surprised by this casual gift from a mate who said he was chasing flatties  in the Minnamurra River. (Kiama NSW) and only caught an almost 1 kilo blackfish (luderick)????

www.reeldealfishing.com.au
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 9:03am
Interesting capture
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 10:26am
I also caught a luderick in the minamurra river,gerringong, on a micro min min,spinning for bream.
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 10:55am
Luderick have been turning up more frequently on lures (especially ones meant for bream) on the NSW central coast the last couple of years.
Particularly in the lakes.
dishley View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dishley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 2:33pm
Yep, me and a mate were out using green grubs (plastics, i know i knowLOL) for bream a couple of weeks ago and he picked up an absolute thumper of a blackfish on them. So I just went to the tackle store to get some dubbing to make up some weed flies. Stuff the rain, i'm going fishing!

Nice looking lure too!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 6:58pm
A big lure for a black fish to hit. I've heard and seen them caught on lures before but all smaller lures. Yabby colours with pink or orange worked close to a yabby bank seems more the go.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 10:08am
Sounds the go Martin, me and mates would catch blackfish on nippers in the Bermagui R., many moons ago. Bream also, but the luderick where better sport.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 6:15pm
Biggest luderick I have ever seen was by my grandfather - went almost 5 old fashion pounds at Jumpinpin on a yabby.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic