LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Krewfische

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 6:40pm
It pleases me that you caught that silly trope. Couldn't help, but make that comment. Be ashamed of myself for turning down such a perfect opportunity.

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 8:31pm
Not talking to Wilson at the moment. Not after he called me kinky for skinny dipping with the old medusa jellies - just got to keep the vinegar handy and all is good.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
ArdentAngler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 9:08pm
Martin your alive!!! You had us worried there, glad you made it off Gilligan's Isle. Wouldn't pay Wilson much mind, he has no arms nor legs...just jealous because all he can do it float. 
Rocket*Surgeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 6:28pm
These are truly fantastic!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 7:56pm

Thank you Rocket*Surgon!  Once finished and tracking I am pleased and at ease. Until then, even after...I will use every inappropriate name in the book to advocate my displeasure with at hand (Duck Knuckle has been newly added, thanks Nicho/Tony!) Cannot tout how these work, totally up to the sophisticated characters whom own them to say.

These are labor intensive for aesthetics, and even then all the crucial details are washed away by numerous coats of urethane and now epoxy. Endless pursuits, the reason I enjoy this avocation the challenge is grows with you. Inspired by Old Stumps Shibboleth “why carve with an ugly tool?” and my take why fish with an ugly lure.  

Haven’t given this post much love as I have stuck with the sagacious words spouted by Nicho to only lay down the best. Am I still working on these and others? Yes

I only own two of my own lures, the others have been gifted or sold. Ironically dabbled down this rabbit hole to make lures for myself, now my crux has shifted. Solely about making other anglers happy, the few stragglers left behind are mine till they find a better home. Strange turn of events to say the least, I fish less but the gratitude of the individuals makes it worthwhile and to keep at it.

The last lures I personally owned went to Mick (Rodsncods) what I got back in gratitude blew me away…So I am busy to say the least continuing to pay it forward.

Finally own all the components to properly paint lures, outside the proverbial comfort zone and daring to learn and grow. Harsh criticism may apply, just have to duckknuckle through it! Hopefully I used this term correctly??? All I know is that Fugles gave these a supreme paint job and that is what I am aiming for, thanks Chris!

Adding backstory to inspire others as I have, thanks LL, Will get back when finished…

No glamor shots, all done with the cheapest phone I could afford sorry folks.

wickky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 11:34pm
That's a whole lot of blanks! Looking good!!

Can't wait to see what paint schemes you come up with. 
If you bugger it up just call it a prototype LOL
Lucinda Collector!
All ways on the hunt for more.
Matt76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2020 at 12:03am
These look amazing! I’ve sent you a message hoping you’re selling a couple down the track as these’ll slay the local bass. 
brendan t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendan t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 11:08am
every time i see these i want one
brendan t
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 11:38am
Coming along nicely and looking gooooodThumbs Up
Martin-

MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:33pm
They look amazing 👍
Life is fishing!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 9:41pm

The job market is impotent and upside down. Nowadays fast food jobs pays more than most skilled workers, you need experience you cannot get, and any individual with no college degree is less than desirable despite their perspicacity and abilities. Not much different for those with a degree either, except many degrees are useless and practically made up at this point. Plus the kicker is beating the algorithmic system mainly setup to aggregate your personal info for commerce. Getting fun out there! Sorry had to get that paroxysm of angst out of the way.

Between ambitious reveries to claw my way out, I will continue to whittle away at these in the interim between any strikes at gold if they can be found? A lucky brake would be a boon, until then I intend to keep my head down with emulations and optimism. Having said that I will be offline to catch up on other areas and focal points. Serving as some rhythmic catharsis in the background to stabilize my mind, these lures are still being worked on so no worries…come hell or high water these will be finished.

Regards

Charles

Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 9:57pm
She's a fine dram, the Oban. 
Rocket*Surgeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by ArdentAngler

<p =msonormal=><span style=font-family: Comfortaa, serif; -: initial; -: initial; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial;>The last lures I personally owned went to Mick (Rodsncods)
what I got back in gratitude blew me away…So I am busy to say the least continuing
to pay it forward.</span></p><p =msonormal=>[/QUOTE ArdentAngler

The last lures I personally owned went to Mick (Rodsncods) what I got back in gratitude blew me away…So I am busy to say the least continuing to pay it forward.

[/QUOTE wrote:

Mick is aces ... just a great guy! 

He’s lucky to have some of your lures, my friend 

Mick is aces ... just a great guy! 

He’s lucky to have some of your lures, my friend 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:55pm

Big eyes makes these look alien or spiderish, anyone opposed? Perhaps too radical, or just the right touch of eccentricity needed, let me know.

Please note I have tried several attempts to reangle the photograph with no avail.
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 4:18pm
keep the big eyes Charles, make em stand out like dogs proverbials . . .. mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by rodsncods rodsncods wrote:

keep the big eyes Charles, make em stand out like dogs proverbials . . .. mick

The dogs bollocks indeed, I like that!

Here is a better picture, hopefully?

rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 6:51pm
at 10 percent, it wouldn't take too many pumpkin ales to get ya up on the dance floor . . . .mick
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Ducks Ducks wrote:

If it can be shipped, add one to me!

so I miss a few posts and DAFFY starts cutting my grass!
never trust a billed one!

if it can be purchased..packed safely ..it can be posted, and all costs covered!!!

bloody hell ducks i hope you go into a heavy molt and your feet de-web
and your knuckle gets in a twist.

Thumbs Up we need to make this happen Ardent..im partial to the micro brews.
ducks knuckle does a beer review weekly on FB book so i suppose we could incorporate him in on the deal.

by the way nice little lures, i viewed one in the flesh last visit to the dam..very cool
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by ArdentAngler ArdentAngler wrote:

Martin your alive!!! You had us worried there, glad you made it off Gilligan's Isle. Wouldn't pay Wilson much mind, he has no arms nor legs...just jealous because all he can do it float. 

thats why Wilsons nickname is BOB

LOL
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 2:46pm
I'm partial to the smaller eyes myself.
And beer. LOLLOLLOL
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 8:20pm
YES YES I'M ALIVE I'M ALIVE MOAHA HA HA (maniacal laughter) read and spoken in the Dr Frankenstein sort of way. 

Just having trouble with our great national broadband up here in Far North Queensland so I check in usually every few days or if I've been out fishing.

A for the eyes - undecided, I like them both but RED. Red is the colour of our shrimp eyeballs at night.
Martin-

rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 8:28pm
Martin, You`ll just have to chat with "Nicole" from NBN she has everything covered for youSmileSmile.Cheers Richard
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 12:44pm
Where to begin?

Not sure how many blanks have been carved or are in the final stages as it has been a piecemeal project. That being said, so far haven't even dabbled into the numerous passion projects. My goal is to EVENTUALLY finish the first order set forth. This comes down painting, something outside my ken currently. Picked up a Iwata sprint jet almost a year after an airbrush along with a few colors to work with. All of this comes down to a learning curve and alacrity to see things through. No testing has begun because the rivers are frozen, access to the riparian shores are obfuscated even on warm days due to the last snowfall. For those individuals whom I promised months ago, thank you for your patience as it has been an interesting set of months indeed....

Once again plenty of lures strewn about not in these photos, and more than enough to keep me busy whittling not shown that require finding. All lures have been hand carved and sanded which were the highlight of the process as I seriously dread the latter until testing. If only the rest of the process was a boon there would be a plethora to show. Just want those individuals out there to know they haven't been forgotten in the slightest, already received some lures from these good folk and I aim to pay them back ASAP.

Regards 
Jackson
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 2:49pm
hey , hey, thought you had vanished from the face of the earth but obviously been very busy by the looks of that lot of crustaceans.  is it the photo angle , or have you upped the size on some. could be just my old eyes. i reckon the darker timber would look close to natural if just cleared, me being an old lure maker from way backConfused nah mate, what ever finish you choose will only compliment an allready great looking lure. how's things on your side. . . .mick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 3:20pm
Not erased yet, gotta keep my word before any hiatus/prestidigitation occurs.
Your eyes are fine, there are currently four sizes. Technically three and one on a diet. All in all a variety of sizes for different uses. Still working on deep divers, but that is in the wings.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 5:09pm
You have been a busy lad and they are looking good.

Oh..... good to hear from you again. I was wondering where the lure making thesaurus got to.
Martin-

wickky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 7:10pm
Looking good mate! Once again had to bust out the dictionary to complete some sentences LOL

Let me know when you're ready I have a new address now Big smile
Lucinda Collector!
All ways on the hunt for more.
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 3:10pm
Always beautiful work and yes you definitely have increased the vocabulary for a few of us Aussies. Hope the water thaws out for you soon. 
whipit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 9:43pm
The lure making Thesaurus? What a germane moniker, I hope that sobriquet sticks!

As for the encomium, well it is not solely mine, any individual whom meliorates themselves through any form of learning is more deserving than I. So to all of those who dug out the dictionary, you chaps have earned a panegyric of vocabulary. That reverence is ineffable, though I'll do my best to convey my appreciation to those who learn as it is a tertiary award to the praise of my lures. If I can continue to consistently do both, well thank you all!

As for an update on lures, I have here the first coat of a few laminates recently finished. Keeping in mind that there can always be a dud I decided to make a few extra to compensate any loss. That being said I accidentally drilled through the last batch and cosmetically these are a failure.  The aim has been to replicate the lure gifted to Chris (Fugly) to those receiving a set. I isolated wood with knots and did my best to preserve them, always a crap shoot when attempting this. No rattles this time, another tribulation that causes headaches before even cutting the blank out....ugh

To those individuals in waiting, I am a anal bugger vainly seeking perfectionism. That is what is taking so long if you haven't surmised already. Unbeknownst to me what my end goal is, hopefully it does more than meet expectations. The blanks awaiting a paint job intimidate me to no end, eventually I will have to stop avoiding them.   

These laminates all had visible knots before a first coat of sealer, still not eye popping like that ruby gem I sent Chris..... hard to make out in these photos, poor lighting I guess?

The wood was so ruddy dry and cracked a bit of cosmetic surgery was needed in prepping them. These were by far the most challenging and almost irredeemable blanks I've yet done thus far. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 9:53pm
Forgot to ask...How did you make out with those blanks I sent you Mick??? 

I know you lost one, was there a noticeable difference between those bibs?

rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 3:49am
not much in depth, but in action yes. havn't been out in a while but going in a week. will try and give them a run and see which do what. not taking the boat this time so only off the bank
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 6:41am
looking good o' Thesaurian luremakerLOL.Carving knots is very hard especially on small lures but your doing well mate ,better than i would.Dont be afraid of that airbrush ,just get a sheet of cardboard and practise on it you'll get there.I will have a look for that ruby colored lure you sent me today .I totally forgot about it after we last talked sorry about that
that's no how ye make porridge!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 4:42pm
Chris Your words are too kind, and you are 100% right about the difficulty carving knots. Abandon the grain you once knew as knots throw a monkey wrench, they dull fresh blades whilst sneering back at you. The results in the end are worth it in spades. If I recall you lost that lure or had it peculated as it was in a toolbox bereft by a thief. No worries O'l chap as you are cover with a replacement soon to be. If youo do still have it, well it is a boon for us both.

Mick I read that with conflicted emotion. True my lures run 2 or 3 meters which is more than enough for me, I should be considdeerate or explicate in this before sending off. As for more depth well..Zac has already beaten you to the punch long ago. Without doubt I had considerations to cover all bases whilst starting out, achieving this can only be construed as another story. That said, there are some deep Fische on me table, just a bit of work and stable weather and I'll know whether my construction was right. Easy to say, much to contend with.  As Nicho stated (paraphrasing here) "Show little until the work is solid, hiccups may come and you wish not to be left holding the bag...by the way the bag is empty."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 2:18pm
Mick 

The top two are deep divers that I've been working on. The top lure wouldn't swim, turned on it's side like...well a dead fish? Think some ballast is needed???
Keep in mind this blank lacks width so stability is questionable. Made some smaller versions with a traditional lip angle, ran fine. Up'ed the size and flattened out the angle she no run. If someone has a solution let me know.

Zac

Mate, I've been trying for a what I think will be a barrafische/deep diver for ya, got some bugs in the software I tink?

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 5:50pm
Belly weights to stabilise that big dude
Martin-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic