LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Deception Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lamenting the Lack of Laminations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lamenting the Lack of Laminations
    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:31am
To the best of my knowledge there has only ever been two occasions when Paul used inlays or laminates with his lures. Both these designs are particular favourites of mine and I considered them worthy of revisiting here. The intricate detail and craftsmanship displayed in these is nothing short of exceptional and I also love how Paul's clever designs have paid homage to a couple of his classic paint schemes.

The first instance was in 2011 when Paul released some limited edition Scampi lures. The main issue consisted of 25 numbered lures which were crafted from White Beech and Red Cedar. Apart from these, there was also a further handful done using a selection of other premium Australian cabinet timbers. The design for these lures was based on a paint scheme that Paul called his Saw Tooth pattern. These lures must have taken countless hours to cut and assemble as each individual Scampi was made up of 27 separate timber component parts.

Secondly, in 2012 Paul produced his 20th Anniversary Collector Sets. These sets were based on the first lure model that Paul released back in 1992, the Series 1 Yabby. The lures were constructed from White Beech with Red Cedar inserts as a clever nod to one of Paul's signature paint schemes, the famous Segmented Rings pattern.

The sheer volume of work required to create masterpieces such as these must be a deterrent to all lure makers with little prospect of receiving anything like adequate compensation for their time and talent. However, I for one greatly admire and appreciate these beautiful creations and hope that there may be further examples in the future for us to enjoy and treasure.

Regards,
Col

al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 12:52pm
yep brilliant work ,way too time consuming for me to attempt
it a lot better world if you just smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic