LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > North American Fishing Lures > USA Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lazy dazy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lazy dazy
    Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 12:53am
These lures just seem to have an American look about them. They are small barely over 3cm
and have the word  lazy dazy printed on the in side of the lure . Quite difficult to read

Anybody known anything about the lure.

Regards John

CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 4:59am
John,maybe the same maker as the Lazy Ike.
The Journey is the Reward

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 6:56am
Thanks Barry
MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 10:42am
Originally posted by CaptainCranky CaptainCranky wrote:

John,maybe the same maker as the Lazy Ike.

They are made by the same company that made Lazy Ikes etc. They look like later moulded models and unsure if they were ever made in wood like the others.

MXB
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 3:07pm
Thanks Mxb
rivermandave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rivermandave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 1:03am
Actually...the Lazy Daze Bait Co. was entirely separate from Lazy Ike.

Lazy Daze was based in Preston, Minnesota in the late 1940's.

Here's a link to a website by a Minnesota collector...and if you scroll down you will see one of the lures with an original box. I'll post a pic of a newer style box later today Wink

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 10:49pm
Thanks rivermandave for the additional info.

Regards John.
MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by rivermandave rivermandave wrote:

Actually...the Lazy Daze Bait Co. was entirely separate from Lazy Ike.

Lazy Daze was based in Preston, Minnesota in the late 1940's.

Here's a link to a website by a Minnesota collector...and if you scroll down you will see one of the lures with an original box. I'll post a pic of a newer style box later today Wink

Dave is right . . . I looked this up in Russel lewis' book Fishing Collectables Vol 3 p325;

Made flies and spinning lure very similar to Lazy Ike using the same name at first and later calling the lure 'Lazy Daze' and eventually made in plastic for spinning tackle which I assume to mean that they were originally made of wood.

Very similar to a Fly sized model from Lazy Ike.

MXB
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 6:12pm
Thanks MXB
I wonder if these lures were made to be used with a fly rod originally.
 They are so light and would be extremely difficult to cast. They could perhaps be trolled behind a canoe very slowly with very light line or perhaps were made as a novelty for collectors.
Regards John
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 7:18pm
John- If they are anything like the small 'Flatfish' (2-3Cm) they certainly would be made for fishing, these little buggers are at times dynamite for trout, on a fly rod, or trolled very slowly at Jindabine.
Browns love these small 'flatfish' so I am assuming they would also like these.
Pete
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 1:06pm
Thanks Pete
I thought they maybe used with a  fly rod [light weight] around small rivers cast around the edge of pools which has some running water flowing into them.

Regards John.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rivermandave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 6:31am

Here's an empty box and a lure that I have....and some more info.

At some point the company was bought the Mille Lacs Mfg. Company...which in turn ended up being part of Al & Ron Lindner's "Lindy-Little Joe" tackle company...a division of Ray-O-Vac of all things.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 8:49am
Thanks rivermandave for the photo and additional info greatly appreciated.

Regards John.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rivermandave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 11:07am
You're most welcome John. I've been lucky to have had questions answered via email by MANY folks including fairly well known people like Tom Jacomet ( www.lurelore.com ) and author Russell Lewis.

I try to "pass on" info I have learned to others...as a way of not only thanking the folks that have helped me....but to also extend the "courtesy" to others. Hope that makes sense to you.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 11:40am
 rivermandave
As clear as mud mate.
 I  agree you may as well share the info it is not much good to you dead.
It is amazing the pool of knowledge that is available through a friendly forum.
I checked out  lindyfishing tackle aggressive little company quite a few buy outs/take overs
Are you experiencing any of these heavy snow falls we see coming through on the nightly news from America.
tight Lines

Regards John
67cuda View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 7:51pm
I can't seem to upload pics, but here's some info on the lure. I own some old lazy dazy lures. I also was born, and raised about 20 miles from preston Minnesota. It's fairly easy to find info on lazy dazy, and lazy ike lure company. Started either in the 30's, or 40's, making lures. Yours is 50's-70's. I've never seen two alike, but that's old lures for ya' ? They were used to catch freshwater game fish like northern pike, and muskie, (like a freshwater barracuda), and bass. The company's fly, and light tackle, is for trout. Preston prides itself on being the trout capital of the United States, although I would have to differ. Lazy daze must be a different company ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rivermandave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 6:51am
For any of you that are on facebook...there is a "closed" group about Lazy Ikes....and they include some info on the Lazy Dazy's

Gotta log in to see the group and ask to join Wink

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1423182951327379/
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 6:29pm
Nice looking lures for trout and Dad had a fishing mag with them in from the states.

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic