LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Lure Collecting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lockdown Centrefold - Final Edition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lockdown Centrefold - Final Edition
    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 12:53pm
It would seem that Australia's lure makers are a very generous lot because stories abound of lures which hold extra significance for the owners due to the fact they they were gifted to them by a much admired maker, and in many cases friend. I thought that it might be a nice gesture in these challenging times for this final Lockdown Centrefold to acknowledge this generosity and say a collective thank you to our magnificent lure makers.

Below I have showcased a few of the lures in my collection that have been gifted to me over the years and it would be good if others might consider adding examples from their own tackle boxes and collections that they have received in a similar manner. Also, I need to add that apart from the lures that I've showcased here there are many other makers out there to whom I'm greatly indebted for their generosity over the years and to them I say thank you once again.

Stay positive and celebrate the good,
Col

Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 2:20pm
Good timing. I just received this addition for my little Scorp collection, from Richard Lee.
Not sure if it will make it to the shelf LOL

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 3:48pm
nice lures and some great guys there Col

cute pic of the Duckling DUCKS :)
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 5:33pm
I have many many more - but they are scattered throughout various tackle trays waiting to go in to action. 
Special mention to PJ who has been super generous. I've enjoyed trying to catch new Aussie (and not Aussie) species on his beaut lures.  As such they are scattered around the world, and all still in boxes waiting for service. 
As well as Nicho who has donated a few to the Amazon fish Gods. But I still have a good few ready to do battle again. 
Shane Love also sent me a couple on the condition they went for a swim. A condition that was gladly met, although a good few people called me crazy. 
Aaron Young (kuttafurra) always has something in the works and throws something extra in the post. I've got a few prototypes and rarities of his for sure. 
I will have forgotten more than I've listed for sure as well. 

Here's a few that were around and easy to get a pic of.
A Fugly duckling. 
A Fysshe nude that had some glue stains that didn't bother the barra at all LOL
A nude from Richard Lee that is on my very short list of lures not for fishing
A nude kuttafurra skud from Aaron

hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 7:38pm
How cool is that Duck 🤗🤗🤗
Cheers Steve R  !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by hooknose hooknose wrote:

How cool is that Duck 🤗🤗🤗
Cheers Steve R  !!!

I haven't decided if that's on the never fish list, or the one and done list... LOL
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 1:47pm
It is always appreciated to receive lures and many thanks to all those that have given me some. Like Ducks some people think I'"m crazy fishing some of the lures that Ido. But most of these given are on the understanding that I'll fish them so no matter how much it pains me - into the water they go.

Every now and again I'll find a forgotten lure box, or a lure that's buried under others (recently uncovered one from 2018 Lure ExpoEmbarrassed) and so sometimes I'm late in tying them on, but they all will get fished.

Sometimes a brand new lure will be snagged or left swimming in a fish without a photo. 3 times in 3 trips to the reef this happened with Mark A Lures and only just this week I snagged a brand new Southern Cross barra lure chasing flathead at Bribie IslandCry. But that's fishing.

Can't wait till I can get back to Cooktown and get the boat back out to the reef and use, abuse and loose more members luresBig smile
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
wickky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 10:07pm
I have been very fortunate to receive alot of gifts from Lou over the years. Which I greatly appreciate!

Here are some of my favourites. I can't figure out why some come out sideways. I'm not even that old either so I should know Cry
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 8:24am
Thanks for all the posts Col. Nice to see all your beautiful lures...And yes so many world class makers in Australia that produce amazing work and then give it away. I look at some of your collection and know how long some of these lures must take to make...And then gift them. Great post to give them the credit they deserve 
whipit
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 6:43pm

One of my ordinary lures made very special by a man who we all know is very generous with his gifting. Thanks again Chris..still owe you
whipit
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic