LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > LTL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LTL - Light Tackle Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LTL - Light Tackle Lures
    Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 5:00pm
Some one else posted one of these in a larger model.

Tagged and released
ffejsmada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffejsmada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 12:42pm
Isn't that an LT lure, made by Austin Chandler from Hervey Bay??
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 1:00pm
Gday Jeff,

If that's LTL (Light Tackle Lures) I've heard about these but know stuff all about them

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 10:09pm
The lure i thought
came in two colours blue,blue yellow belly,
but found this pick in fishing mag of a brown one
and there is a red one i left it at Barry's
Barry put a pick up!

uploads/47/ltsa_010.jpg">
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 10:31pm
when i get home i will
The Journey is the Reward

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 12:44pm
I just got back from the Hervey Bay markets with some nice lures for both the collection and the tackle box. I also had the pleasure of catching up with Dave Carter (Assassin Lures), and George (bluey) while I was out there.

Busiest I've seen it out there! There's obviously a lot of tourists still in town for the Whale festival Thumbs Up

To cut to the chase - here's a few more LTL's, apparently they are very early ones Big smile

It's great to add some more locally made lures to my collection, I think these are about 20 years old although not certain on the age.

p.s. George  - mate, it wasn't until I got home that it sunk in after you'd casually mentioned LTL in discussion! gee I'm quick aren't I? LOL

Some different colours too Wink

Cheers, Tony

Andy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 3:47pm
As a kid I remember owning a few LTL lures that came from the boys at the 'old' Fisherman's Corner store on the esplanade at Hervey Bay. I had a black/white, blue/white (still have -very battered) and a blue/yellow belly. I do remember seeing a 'brown' bjut never owned one. They were great little lures and caught well. I remember they had an unpainted one on display that had caught a large spaniard and was nearly bitten in half. I think they were made locally, very tough and very popular.
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 4:29pm
G'day Andy, and welcome to LureLovers Smile

I have heard a few people mention how successfull the LTL lures were. I'll have to have a chat to Dave that used to work at fishermans corner, he might be able to fill in some gaps for us as he's a wealth of knowledge and a friendly helpfull bloke (still does a great job servicing reels too!) Thumbs Up

Cheers, Tony

Andy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 12:31pm
G'day Tony,
Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure Dave will know all there is to know about the old LTL lures, in fact it was probably Dave that sold me mine. I'm sure he'd hate to know how long ago that actually was!!!
I'll dig mine out and post a pic. I have a few other lures to post and would be interested in everyones opinions.
Cheers
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 6:41pm
Sounds good Andy - looking forward to checking them out  Smile

Cheers, Tony

Andy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 9:55am
Here is my one and only remaining LTL. This is what they look like after 20 odd years of catching fish. They were built to last!
sticko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sticko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 3:16pm
Here is 2 nice Light Tackle Lures i was given the other day. Cheers StickoSmile
STICKO

Nobody Wins unless Everybody Wins
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 6:11pm
Hi all
Peter Munt here
It appears that nobody knows that I produced lures on my copy lathe for LTL Lures, please pass the truth on
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic