Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Lure Collecting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lucinda Lures :False Info/Rumour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lucinda Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lungi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lucinda Lures :False Info/Rumour
    Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 9:52pm
A “Heads Up” to all members.

It has been brought to my attention that the following (or similar) information / rumour has been circulating of late:

It is said that I stopped lure making in 2008 and any Lucinda's after that were made by my son. It is questioned the last lot of my lures I had for sale on eBay were made by my son and not me.

That’s absolute bulls**t, my son has never had anything to do with making Lucinda Lures nor for that matter has anyone else.

I closed the Lucinda Lures business including its website in 2010 due to health problems including my heart (6 bypass & a couple of stents) and hands riddled with arthritis. In actual fact I offered the business to my son prior to closing but he wasn’t interested.

I’m at a loss to understand why anyone would dream up such lies bordering on defamation. I don’t believe it could be personal. Perhaps it’s intended to reduce the value of Lucinda Lures? If so, it’ll certainly adversely effect the value of all Lucinda collections.

It is very disappointing that someone in the lure fishing fraternity would stoop to this sort of bastardry.

Should they continue they could very well be required to front court.

Cheers Lou,

Just bung ' em in the water mate & hang on !!
monty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 7:33am
Well spoken.
MONTY
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 8:41am
I am sorry to hear that Lou.

Fortunately it has been quite a while since I have had to deal with any lying thieving scammers on here, although please let me know if any have snuck back in and they will be dealt with swiftly.

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
lungi View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lucinda Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lungi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 9:06am
Thanks Tony that’s most appreciated.
It’s the first time I’ve ever received this type of rubbish . It sure doesn’t sit well mate.
Cheers Lou,

micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 10:15am
Might have more effect if you name the culprit !
lungi View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lucinda Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lungi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 10:40am
Probably could Mick but my info came second hand so I’m uncomfortable to involve my informant who’s a good mate .
Personally I don’t believe in feeding a troll which is usually inclined to exacerbate the situation or encourage the idiot.

Thanks for the support Mick.👍
Cheers Lou,

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 11:26am
You have my sympathies Lou,there seems to be an element of "bitch"amongst the lure collecting community who get thier jollies by making other collectors and luremakers miserable.You are right not to name and shame as that seems to be what they like
that's no how ye make porridge!
Eton.sunsets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eton.sunsets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 12:52pm
Seriously.... where is this world coming to?
Even something like lure fishing can't be left alone by the characters we walk amongst....
Sorry to hear Lou
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by lungi lungi wrote:

Probably could Mick but my info came second hand so I’m uncomfortable to involve my informant who’s a good mate .
Personally I don’t believe in feeding a troll which is usually inclined to exacerbate the situation or encourage the idiot.

Thanks for the support Mick.👍
Important that sources remain un-named if that is their wish .
At least the rumours were brought to your attention and you had the opportunity to adresss them in a public forum .
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 6:55pm
There are crap people like that in every section of the professional and recreational fishing industry. That is one reason why I stopped writing fishing articles.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Fishalot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fishalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 6:04am
There is an old saying" KARMA"Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic