LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Lucinda
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lucinda-growing....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lucinda-growing....
    Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 6:45pm
                          These 4 photo`s are my 70 mm Hinchinbrook Hunter`s....
First photo are my colours all different.
Second are forward facing eye`s.
Third is old stinky it has a hole underneath for scent.
Four is the evolution of the lure....top is hand signed new,2nd is not signed,3rd has forward facing eye`s white,4th has forward facing eye`s silver,5th has forward facing eye`s which are larger & silver lure also has a skinny profile.....
This second lot of photo`s are my Mackerel Marauder`s  150mm & my Tricky Troller`s  145-155mm.
The first photo are my 3 mackerel marauder`s  the top lure, Blue & silver has silver eye`s.
The middle photo are my 5 Tricky Troller`s  the top four have the large bib while the bottom one has the small bib.
The last photo shows that there were two profiles in this lure the top lure has much more meat to it,maybe an extra 5mm deep.                                    These three photo`s show my collection of metal bibbed Lucinda Lures,2nd & 3rd photo show Hinky Harrier`s ,sorry I can give no other info as I have none.(some info provided...thankyou....)                 These two photo`s show some of Lou`s earlier work,first photo the lures have a rounded profile,silver eye`s.
The second photo the top two lures have a very skinny profile,,razor like,silver eye`s.The bottom two are smaller lures with the bottom lure being a rare shallow about 20/30 made..Thank you Lure Lovers own HODOR......Horrorhead.....                     These are my spinners,Spinner minnow`s  with the under chin spinners,in two sizes large & medium..the four purple spinner minnow`s are all slightly different changes in profile & eye colour.& tail spinners.
I have some more of the Hinchinbrook Hunters in the larger & smaller sizes but the same colours as in the medium sized ones....
Thank you for taking the time to look at some of my Lucinda Lures...
Lou you certainly made a great lure & some real nice shapes.I hope you enjoy looking at you old works of art & you still hold that world record how many can say that about one of their babies...
PS any member with Lucinda Lures that I don`t have I am more than willing to buy them from you or if I have something you collect we can trade....again thank you....Gary...
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 7:23pm
Nice collection Gary. You have quite a few I don't have. Here is some info I received from Lou a while ago:

The mackeral lures are called - "Mackeral Marauders".
The long skinny lures are called - "Tricky Trollers".
The minnows with metal bibs are called - "Hinchy Harriers" (these came before the Hinchinbrook hunter).
Not sure about the name of the herring.

regards
Darren
cheers steiny
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by steiny steiny wrote:

Nice collection Gary. You have quite a few I don't have. Here is some info I received from Lou a while ago:

The mackeral lures are called - "Mackeral Marauders".
The long skinny lures are called - "Tricky Trollers".
The minnows with metal bibs are called - "Hinchy Harriers" (these came before the Hinchinbrook hunter).
Not sure about the name of the herring.

regards
Darren
Thanks mate......all info is more than I have....plus they sound like better names than my made up ones....Gary

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 7:28pm
Nice, but you ain't getting mine.

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 7:29pm
Thats a lovely collection Gary. Thanks for posting it up. Regards Chris 
All my braids gone!
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 7:34pm
The wired ones with teaser are called - "Spinner minnows"
cheers steiny
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 7:54pm
I had one here i may let you have it if i can find it.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
lungi View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lucinda Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lungi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 9:05pm
A great collection Gary, a real feast for these old eyes. Makes me feel quite chuffed to see people like you collecting and appreciating my little creations.
Thanks ever so much for putting them up.
Cheers Lou,

Just bung ' em in the water mate & hang on !!
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 9:07pm
Here is a few of mine. Set of 3 black poppers. 60mm "Slider". Set of 3 Red n white.

cheers steiny
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 9:10pm
nice Gary you are getting them together mate
cheers Steve r
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 9:20pm
A couple of sets.

cheers steiny
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 9:26pm
very nice Steiny !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 9:36pm
Starting to put some nice sets together there Gary! Still some gaps there though! Wink
 This is my meagre collection...

Fysshe
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 9:46pm
Still looking for a green/yellow hunter to complete the boxed set. On our first visit here in 2000, we dropped in on Lou and got a set of Hunters, a Tricky Troller and a couple of Marauders. Lost the Tricky to a big GT off Hillock Pt, my mate got his first ever big Barra on the Marauder trolling the deep holes in the Channel and he lost the black/red hunter to a Jack at Fishers Ck. Strangely enough, we were trolling in Glen Lyon a month later and found the exact same coloured lure floating in the weeds!! Ermm
Fysshe
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 9:51pm
Steiny & Fysshe Salmon some great lures there....Gary
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 5:01pm
After confirmation - I was advised at the Glen Lyon one lure comp that this is most likely a early Lucinda? What do you reckon Lou and others?

Martin-

Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 5:15pm
Martin....looks just like one of the ones in my metal bib photo....so yes to a Lucinda Lure....Gary
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 5:19pm
Cheers, just never seen one up close before.
Martin-

lungi View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lucinda Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lungi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

After confirmation - I was advised at the Glen Lyon one lure comp that this is most likely a early Lucinda? What do you reckon Lou and others?

Yes Martin, that's one of my "Reef Rats" made about 1993. Not a large production run so is very much on the rare side.
Thanks for your contribution and the other members to this great thread.
Cheers Lou,

Just bung ' em in the water mate & hang on !!
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 5:41pm
My early Lucinda's all silver eyes except the small dark one(RHS) with the red eyes !!!

Drool drool, I love Lou's lures
Cheers Steve R.
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 7:50pm
Nice lures Richo.....didn't know you had them!
cheers steiny
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 9:47pm
well that would be a first mate
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic