LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Luremakers Shed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lure holders ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lure holders ??
    Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 2:38am
Hi guys , Im interested what others use to hold their lures for painting and sealing etc. I am currently using some kebab sticks into pre drilled slab of wood. This is ok for light lures but with larger ones they dont hold enough. Id like to find something a bit sturdier thanks in advance
rob1968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 8:05am
aluminium crochet needles is what my dad used
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 8:20am
Pointy nose pliers, but my lures have eyelets and bib already glued in, prior to undercoating and painting.

Beer

Travers
goldtrev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 10:03am
I also have the hook hangers on prior to painting etc. and use small vice grips holding the rear hook hanger.
goldtrev
Vicious Fishes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicious Fishes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 7:07pm

If they have eyelets I use locking pliers with masking tape around the eyelets.
If they don't have eyelets I use a bit of dowel with twisted wire glued in the end. One end has twisted .8mm wire the other has 1.2mm twisted wire.
Screw the wire into the body of the lure and it won't fall off.
Can be screwed into any eyelet hole which is handy sometimes.
The dowel also fits into my drying wheel if I am using Etex clear.

Also handy for holding small lures when sanding. I just support the lure with a finger, heaps easier than trying to hold the lure in your fingers.

Steve
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2015 at 9:15pm
I put small pieces of cut to size cardboard in the bib slot to hold and hang after painting. I peg them onto my drying rack.

jebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 10:30pm
Great Idea Steve, I'm going to knock that off Wink
Thanks for sharing
Justin
Dynamite lure View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dynamite lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2015 at 10:38pm
A SMALL PAIR OF POINTY NOSE MULTI GRIPS 
Werriscreekwonda View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 4:17pm
I made this years ago to hold lures for painting.
"My 3rd Arm"
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 5:33pm
Paddle Pop sticks from craft shops, a bag of 100's cost bugger all, and I get 2 holders out of 1 stick. Straight fit to a 1.5mm slot and easy enough to sand down if your bib slot is smaller. These days I drill a bigger hole in half of them that  goes over the cup hooks in the drying box, and do the other 1/2 with wire to allow double stacking of small lures.
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Werriscreekwonda Werriscreekwonda wrote:

I made this years ago to hold lures for painting.
"My 3rd Arm"
brilliant!
that's no how ye make porridge!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 1:17pm
I just drill a small hole inside the bibslot and insert some bent wire works pretty well the only hassle is a bit of paint gets in the slot,easily cleaned with a stanly knife though
that's no how ye make porridge!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic