LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lure Lovers forum on Android apps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lure Lovers forum on Android apps
    Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 3:53pm
Hi All,

Just wondering if I can read and write to LureLovers forum from any Android forum apps (similar to Tapatalk)?

Thank you.
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 4:16pm
I've not attempted to use any apps.
I find the mobile version of the site on my android browsers is actually quite nice to use.
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 4:19pm
Hi Andriy

Tapatalk is intended to make generic forums (generally based on php) work in a mobile environment, this forum incorporates it's own Mobile version which is enabled by default when viewed on mobile devices and makes apps such as tapatalk redundant, unfortunately these apps are also limited in terms of which host platforms they support.

The mobile based features and view are accessible using any browser, you do not need to install any 3rd party software to enable those mobile specific features and interface on LureLovers.

When viewing the forum using a mobile device you can switch between the mobile and classic view using the link found at the bottom of the page.

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
savit View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 5:18pm
Hi Tony,

The main reason why I mentioned 'Tapatalk' is convenience to have most of the forums and login settings in one place. If the forum is not picked up by 'Tapatalk' e.g SydneyAngler then I usually use 'Ez Forum' app.

I tried to login earlier to lurelovers forum (mobile view) on quite popular Android 'UC Browser' and I am getting error : Access Denied. Only members with sufficient permission can access this page' all the time. The browser works fine with other forums. Do you know what might be the reason?

Thank you.

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 5:55pm
I just installed UC browser on my android phone to check (have not heard of it before) and yes it failed on the first attempted login. UC Browser failed to create the required cookie file.

I did a quick google search and this bug in UC Browser has been reported by other users.

Here's how I got it to work - Attempt the login and choose to save your login credentials when prompted, UC Browsers first attempt will probably fail as it did for me, however the login worked on the second attempt (unfortunately UCbrowser did not autocomplete the login details as it should have)

This workaround is not required for any other browser/platform I have tested, and is due to a bug in UC browser.

I recommend having a read of the link below if you use UC Browser for any secure transactions (I have uninstalled after completing the above testing);
https://citizenlab.org/2015/05/a-chatty-squirrel-privacy-and-security-issues-with-uc-browser/

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
savit View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 6:09pm
Thank you Tony. It worked after 2nd attempt. I used the phone for this message.
savit View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 6:17pm
Probably I will uninstall 'UC browser' as well, due to potential security issues. Just have to find a good alternative  as Google Chrome  consumes a lot of memory.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic