Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > Aussie Lures - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lure Prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 6:55pm
Takes 3 whole days 8 am - till- 4 pm to complete this lure.
You guys work out the cost of making this lureLOL Selling at the Lure Expo for $60 and the lure is 160 mm long.

If you don't like the price DON'T BUY ITLOL 
I'm not holding a gun to your head.LOLLOL

Cheers,
Mad Dog Dave

Life is fishing!
Werriscreekwonda View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 8:52pm
I've even noticed aussie manufacturers apply the "handmade" label to injection moulded lures.
Not really sure where the lure ceases to not be handmade anymore.
But I suppose for an example take the old Killalures...I quite like them, aussie timber lures. But they were made on a copying lathe of a sort, admittedly I don't consider them handmade.

Bugger I said I wasn't going near that argument.

Remember gents we're not here to have a dig at each other, just opinions on lure prices etc....
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 1:33am
I have been involved in both sides of the handmade claims I have seen timber lures turn into poor plastic imitations of there origins and poorly hand carved lures become great lures with machinery and because a lures preformance is hugely subjective that's all I'll say on that
There is over 400 hours in making a 2 cavity plastic injection mould and cnc machinery still requires craftsman and when making a one off product and dose not speed up its manufacture just reduces errors with between 15 to 50 hours of polishing depending of the surface finish but most want the mirror smooth so it tends to be the upper end. And with today's advanced technology I am still wrapping sandpaper around a stick and back and forth I go Oh with my hand
Lures don't fall from a machine into a packet then posted. You have to join the halfs together fit the tow points, paint ,fit the bib, fit the trebles, and fitting
2000 of them to 1000 bodies is something one should experience just once by hand. There's no automation to do this. So the handmade shtick is a little harder to say which is or is not

Due diligence defeats disappointment
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 1:47am
At those prices mad dog Dave I think you have the guy holding the gun mixed up
We are robbing you

Very cool looking lure
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Doc Doc wrote:

At those prices mad dog Dave I think you have the guy holding the gun mixed up
We are robbing you

Very cool looking lure

Thank'sThumbs Up Doc LOL  I have no issues with other makers with their prices.Tongue 

Cheers,
Mad Dog
Life is fishing!
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 6:45pm
I could have saved readers from my poor grammar and punctuation by simply saying, I believe 
"Handmade"   
 Is a chicken and egg argument. 
At some stage, someone risked and/or used there hands, heart or head in making a lure.
Speaking from experience, by turning the ends of my index and middle fingers into blood squirting Pez  dispensers at the first knuckles.    It was 12 weeks before I could use left hand, for anything other than a rake.
For Game of Thrones fans "I paid the Iron price"
To the old timer LL members sorry for perpetuating this thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic