LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Questions and Tips re carving your own fishing lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lure spinning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lure spinning
    Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 7:22am
hi people ,the new lures i have just made were tested during the week ,i found that a couple of them swam nice and straight on the slow roll but as soon as i put some jerking down pressure on them and a pause in between they spin over in a circle motion pulling them to one side ,any ideas how i can stop this .i have a feeling the bib angle is not enough in lure ,would that be issue if it was cheers AL
it a lot better world if you just smile
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 8:26am
AL you winding too fast should only be at walking speed slow it down if that dont work start at the tow point omega clop bend at little bit at a time to the opposite side you need the lure to swim NOW if that dont work start to shave a little off the sides of the bib OR get ya pliers & bend the bib until the buugger swims if all this manipulation does not work grab the lure &cut the head off it &make a popper out of it hope this helps ya out a bit AL good luck WinkWinkConfusedConfusedShockedShockedREGARDS bob
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 2:01pm
thanks bob will try a few of those ,i do wind very slow anyway as thats my method for bazzas ,but the other point i will try out cheers 
it a lot better world if you just smile
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 2:25pm
Also AL if the hook hanger are off abit will affect simming action as well tune them also WinkWinkregards bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic