LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Favourite Lure by species
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lures For YellowBelly????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dustymartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 10:19am
I LIKE the Stucky lures all ways the go to lure at Burrunjuck for trolling prefer the purple colour.   If bobbing around dead trees I use Black curly tail grub these two seem to catch enough yellow belly between them
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 12:44pm
my wife swears by her storm hot'n'tot in chrome finish
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
senkosam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senkosam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 12:03am
Man, I wish we had that species in the U.S.!

When it comes to any freshwater fish species, you can't go wrong with light ballhead jigs and soft plastics of which there hundreds that work. I tinker with lures in my basement, making composites using the parts of two lures. Other than that, I have the molds for over a dozen grub designs that have proven themselves in freshwater and brackish tidal water.

Here are a few:

Color choice is whatever tickles your fancy; lure design usually conforms to plastic length under 3"; jig weight usually 1/32 - 1/8 oz; 8# test braid with 6# test fluorocarbon leader when casting 1/32-1/16 oz ballhead jigs; light action to med. light action rod; medium size spinning reel for easy casting of light lures.

Shoreline or boat angling rules apply: long casts to cover water/ slow retrieves to keep the lure in the strike zone longer/ pauses with rod tip twitches on the retrieve - never a steady retrieve. Bottom jigging also works at times with pauses on the bottom. 

Other lures obviously work as demonstrated in the many great replies to the post, but the above works for me 100 % of the time especially when fish are less prone to aggression.

Hope the above helps.

(Still wish we had that species where I fish! Walleye seem to be the closest.)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic