LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > European Fishing Lures > Norwegian Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lures from Norway

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lures from Norway
    Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 12:24pm
Bought these lures from a sport store in Toowoomba that was closing down.A round circle underneath the lure but nothing there.They were never popularaccording to the staff.
Maxblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 4:44pm

circle should contain the matching treble hook ,these lures are salmon lures ,very popular in northern europe through the 70's

Thore  

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 5:15pm
Thanks Maxbluefor the info. It was the only store that I have ever come across selling the lures.

Regards John.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 2:10pm
Must have bought this one at the same time . Manufactured by the same company
Abuadmiral View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
ABU Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abuadmiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 8:21pm
Thore
I got a wierd (ugly)  looking big plastic lure from Sweden made by a company
Must try to find it to photograph Slalom Wobbler I think it was called .
It is pink and white with the strangest looking bib I ever saw.

SWED Wobb AB

Did they work?
If I find it I will post it up here.

Wayne
Tight Lines
Wayne Real
Maxblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 9:16pm
hi Wayne
 know the lure but never have tried one ,i assume it was a pike lure
here is one sold earlier,not really an eyecatcher ,only need to catch fish ;)    

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
ABU Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abuadmiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 10:01pm
Yes thats it Thore
I just found mine and then you have one up here before me.
Ugly blighter hey!
By the colour of yours mine looks Orange ad yellow now
So it's a Pike catcher you recon.
We don't have the big toothy freshwater prepadots like that in Oz.
Our Pike Or Pickhandles we sometimes call them are saltwater fish. Bit like Barracuda you may have heard of but smaller.
thanks mate
Wayne

Tight Lines
Wayne Real
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:07am
Wayne / Thore
That lure is a little left field rather radical and colour scheme hot pink is loud
First time i have come across that type of lure .
 Approximate time of release?
Regards JOhn

bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:27pm

Lure#2 is also Norwegian by the same company Jensen, if I remember correctly called a Pirken, Lure#4 is a Jensen Pirk, & #1 is also Norwegian a Stingsilda. Great surfcasting lures  this group especially successful on MullowayBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

Billj
The older I get the more I learn.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
ABU Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abuadmiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:49pm
Hi John
It (The SW) didn't do much for me and as of this morning it is winging its way towards Darcy Menchin and kids.
Who knows they may repaint it and catch a beauty on it!
cheers
wayne
Tight Lines
Wayne Real
Jigmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jigmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 1:41pm
The Kilroy was actually reviewed in I think Fishing World probably about 1990 or so by Bushy.  I bought some on that recommendation.  First cast caught a 4 pound rainbow below Wyangala Dam. It has a bit tighter wiggle than a CD Rapala. Needed a bit more speed and was therefore a bit better in faster water as they worked on the downstream drag out.

Thay are actually a 'sleeper' collectible, especially if they have the hooks still with the packaging. They are also an under-rated fishing lure as my first cast can attesy.

End note - when I thanked Bushy for the review - ho couldn't even remember writing it......
Life is like a box of chocolates - so why do I keep losing fillings on the hard centres??
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 4:44pm
He probably had  a Ghost writer
Thanks for the additional info
REgards John
wennecke View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wennecke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 5:09am
Hi.

I´m a newbie on this forum and immediately spotted this one.
The Jensen lures are originally from Denmark made ny Joergen Taksoe Jensen (Hence the name). He was a great inventor of lures, especially Jensen Pirken no. 1, 3 and 4 and the Jensen Tobis. They were designed for long casting from the shore for seatrout, cod, garfish and mackerel.
He also produced a line of crankbaits in the late 1970´s. The series was valled Unika(floating) and Lax (sinking). Especially the latter is still in use for salmonfishing and sells for prices around 30-60 american dollars.
In the late 1980´s he produced Kilroy, which is a crankbait that runs freely on the line.
Jensen sold his business to norwegian company Solvkroken as you can see on the packaging. This indicates that it is norwegian made lures and not the originals from Denmark.

/Jens
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 10:21pm
Thanks Jens for the additional information.

Regards John
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 7:50am
Don't know what happened to your original lures John, but I think I may have them... LOL
Fysshe
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 8:24am
I remember these,the line went through the body of the lure to the treble. the idea was that if you hooked a fish the lure would slide up the line and it'd be harder for the fish to throw the hook.i never liked those when they came out but I think they're kind of cool now.have you ever caught fish on those Ian?
that's no how ye make porridge!
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 8:43am
Have never put them in the water! Might have to give them a try...
Fysshe
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 8:58am
Never tried mine either.

Seemed to have a very large entrance for the line in the middle of the lure that put me off using them from memory

regards John
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 6:21pm
I had a few of them many years ago - they were in a car (along with a heap of boomerangs, mcfeeters, newells) that was stolen. They have a very tight wobble, but didn't get to use them enough to catch anything on them.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 7:29am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic