LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luring Cooktown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:32am
good stuffThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
hooknose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:56pm
Get into them Martin, half your luck mate 😁
Cheers Steve R !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:36pm
Been getting some fish. The rain is flooding the rivers and making it difficult to get out at runes. Other times the westerlies have flattened the water right out. Locals have told me the westerlies kill the bite-and so it seems. I’ll post some photos once I get my laptop back. Been in for repairs and using the phone is took much of a hassle
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 4 minutes ago at 6:31pm
Ok I have my laptop back, albeit missing a few programs that is going to be interesting.
A quick run down of some fish photos. Things are a little quiet due to the rivers going in and out of flood making it hard to know where the fish are going to be. Plus also the westerly winds which seem to have put the dampeners on the reef fishing - this is what other fishos and spear fishermen have told me and it seems to be the case.

We also have tilapia up her, this 41 cm model was caught on a Headland Lure

The westerly winds clear flatten out the water, this is Vicki Harriott Reef. Water this clear make the fish very wary

Wal with a big spotty mackerel on one of his lures

Wal with another mackerel on the same lure - before he lost it to an even bigger mackerel.

Me with a 120+ cm spanish mackerel on a Fugly Martin's Minnow

A close up of that lure and the mackerel's head - nice teeth

We also did a bit of bait fishing, but I didn't take photos of those fish - coral trout, morwong, trevally, red throat sweet lip.

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 48 minutes ago at 6:47pm
get a hair-cutLOLLOL......mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic