LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Mal Coffey
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M C lures 1991

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M C lures 1991
    Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 10:26am
Modern Fishing 1991

hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 8:32pm
Love the middle one !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 12:03pm
Purchased mine from Pter Fooks at the Lureshop Cooktown in late 80's. Always believed they were made locally, on seeing this 1991 ad, it appears from somewhere in NSW with the 02 prefix. Any clues as to where MC haled from?
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 1:25pm
John, check out the Mal Coffey section Wink, you allready have this article ConfusedEmbarrassedLOL, you need Darby to set up a data base for you Thumbs Up
Seaweed, I think you might find ?? that Mal has family down south and someone is/was selling a few for him down there, Mal was from Cooktown, I started selling his lures from the shop around 85, original lures were basic but still nice, we revamped his lures using my bibs and auto colours/2 pac finish etc to make them more presentable in the shop, I was supprised to see the question you asked cause thought the above info was common knowledge after I cleared up the ML/MC confusion.
For any that are interested, Mal now lives in Dimbulah (west of Mareeba) runs around in a wheelchair or electric buggy cause he only has one leg and the other one is on its way out as well, but he is still hanging in there cause he,s a tough old bugger, sadly he no longer makes lures, they were one of the nicest little hand carved lures you could find back then, lost all the early ones I had to fish Cry.
If anybody is out that way for any reason I am sure Mal would enjoy a chinwag Smile.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic