LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Mal Coffey
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M C Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Coffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M C Lures
    Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 1:32pm
Hello everyone. My name is sue. Im am the only daughter
Of my beautiful Dad. MALCOLM COFFEY. The maker of M C Lures. I just want to let everyone know he has passed away. 04/04/2018 Dad loved his fishing so much. Untill recently we still all fished in Kowanyama. Dad with only one leg an all. In his very late 80's and still fishing. He was 91. He started making his lures in cooktown many years ago. When i visited i would collect some lures & bring them home to Caboolture. Then id take them to Archies bait & tackle in Caboolture. Way back when.

Cheers Sue 😎
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 3:52pm
RIP Mal, and thank you Sue, love his lures and treasure the ones I have, always looking for more as they are some of the finest of the NQ lures !!
Cheers Steve R!!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 4:48pm
very sad to hear of another great luremaker passing,condolences to you and the family Sue

that's no how ye make porridge!
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 9:03pm
Sad news indeed Sue. Sorry for your loss. Very well made and iconic NQ lures.
cheers steiny
Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 9:24pm
Hi Sue, it’s sad to hear of your dads passing and I wish to pass on my condolences. I only have two of your dads lures which I found locally here at Deception Bay which I guess probably came from Archie’s. I have in the last few week had a couple of people approach me about selling or trading my two Little Mal Coffee lures but I’ve refused and hung on to them because they have been to hard to find. Sad to hear of another iconic NQ lure maker passing. I am happy to find out that he started making lures in Cooktown however as this will give me an area to focus my efforts in trying to find more of these fantastic lures.
Sue Coffey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Coffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 9:25pm
Thank you. He will be making them for his fishing where ever he is. You probably have more than i do. I have a few. Two unsigned. Yes he could make a lure. 😊
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Coffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 9:30pm
Yes there should be a few floating around up there. Maybe caught in snages. So glad to hete youcfound them in deception bay. I have a feeling Archie moved to kallangur or lawnton area as well. He knew my dad. He was trained in the army for awhile by my dad as well. Little bit of trivia.
Cheers Sue
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Coffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 9:31pm
Thank you. 😊
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Coffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 9:31pm
Thankyou. 😊
Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 9:35pm
No worries Sue, they are certainly one I’ll be trying to find more of.
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 9:11am
Sorry to hear the news Sue. My condolences to you and your family.

As you said, your Dad certainly could make a lure, and very nice one's at that!

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 8:34am
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 8:37am
My collection of Mals lures, Enjoy 😁
Cheers Steve R!!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 9:53am
Lovely collection Steve. Thanks for sharing.
All my braids gone!
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:09am
Great collection Steve and very well presented.
Fysshe
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:39pm
sad news of another lure maker passing ,best wishes to all the family sue .keep those great memories they are precious .
it a lot better world if you just smile
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:43pm
Wicked collection there Richo!
cheers steiny
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic