LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing Tackle > General Tackle Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mailing Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mailing Lures
    Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:06am
I haven't been around for a while so please excuse me If I have a little rant . Getting on in the years so I'm a mite bitchy . Every one in a while I like to ship lures or tackle supplies to friends in your part of the world  .Every time It costs at least three time as much to get it to you fellows than most anywhere in the world . Australia is a blood brother to the states as far as I'm concerned . The U.S. postal service treats you like step children . I'm pissed ! I don't know if I'll get any where but I will begin to contact people in my government to see if I can make them aware of this injustice . As you know we have a new president . Despite what you hear he is open to fixing things where relations are poor . Wish me luck in my endeavor because in the end we are all in this together . 
You and I can make a positive difference in someones life every day if only for a moment.
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:09am
It's not the USA mate it's 100% on our end that has the absurd pricing. The absolute minimum it costs to send a small parcel (under 1 pound) here within the same capital city is $7.60.
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:22am
All the best, toadfrog. Postage costs have stopped me from buying from the US.

a good lure is a tool, not a toy - Vic McCristal
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 8:33pm
Best of Luck Toadfrog
I bought a Yamaha outboard Starter motor from some where in Central America.
It was made by Hitachi and was still badged as such not Yamaha, same motor made by Hitachi for Yamaha.
The starter motor locally was $1275.00 plus postage from Sydney Australia, estimated delivery 7 days from shipping.
Same starter motor locally ,different agent and badged OMC $1100.00 Plus postage from Melbourne or Sydney 7 days from shipping.
The Hitachi Starter motor from Central America including shipping from memory was $580 /$600 the standout was delivered at my door 8 days from shipping.
Unfortunately we have had the best part of 40 years of Labor Government which had pushed the cost of living to a point where we can not work any cheaper and we have a thousand excuses why we do not or are not efficient.
Don`t knock the guy you have, Yet, give him a chance, he has stepped outside the square, and that`s not permitted by some and unrecognizable by others and a great story for those of the media who have been well looked after by others.
Cheers Kimo           
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:11pm
Yep our government is sucking us dry. Once apon a time we were called the lucky country. Not anymore..cost of living has skyrocketed. Electricity bill more than trippled in the last five years. House prices through the roof and our food and groceries are dearest in the world. Good example is your lovely drop you make called Bourbon. I'm travelling in Vietnam at the moment and got this for $19. But if I try to buy in Australia they want close to $60 for it..
Everyone wants a ridiculously high wage here started from our fly in fly out mine workers. Now most have shut down because of this. My rant over..sorry
whipit
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 1:12am
not sure whats going on here.Everyone is not happy and they are all probably right.
   Toadfrog i have bought stuff from all around the world and yes postage from America seems to be way more than anywhere else .If you can get President Trump to reduce postage it would be way good because our Government will be charging 10percent tax on ALL imported goods in a year from now which means we'll be buying it from Britain or China insteadWacko
that's no how ye make porridge!
toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 1:42am
I sincerely hope I can draw some kind of attention. even if I can't I'll feel my heart was in the right place . You fellows have it really tough in all respects from what I hear and see . Best Regards . Hope for success.

You and I can make a positive difference in someones life every day if only for a moment.
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 9:34am
What are we doing guys, We give them the power to run the place, Commonwealth / state governments but we get screwed both ends Thumbs Down

Taxing for buying oversea's now what next , they all talk big when they want your votes but they really not care, now  Turnbull and the rest are getting a pay rise also a tax cutThumbs Down

The person who works on the Sunday had the penalties cut from 200 percent  Censored   

Aussie post is all wrong and here's why.

Also the CEO gets a $4.4 million retirement payoutThumbs Down

Australia Post managing director Ahmed Fahour tops global salaries

Salaries for top postal executives, by country 2016

Australia Post managing director Ahmed Fahour tops global salaries

Salaries for top postal executives, by country

$5,600,000$2,500,000$543,616$497,000
    • Australia
    • Britain
    • US
    • Canada
Life is fishing!
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 9:41am
Adaminaby to Frankston Vic 13 days parcel post via Tassie  ( Cliff Young could have walked there faster)

Thank goodness for the tracking system, refund on postage being forwarded in the form of a postal order.

Refund yet to arrive.

Regards John
toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:52pm
I,m starting to get a real education now . I am getting a clear picture of why it took my friend a F'n month to get one medium box of supplies. Customs sat on it I believe 8 days when it got in country .
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 1:32pm

Dave wrote :
Taxing for buying oversea's now what next , they all talk big when they want your votes but they really not care, now Turnbull and the rest are getting a pay rise also a tax cut
Dave, Prior Geoff Whitlam There was always an import tax of I think around 10% for all overseas purchases or imported goods. This was added to the cost of a product which was not made in Australia and designed to balance out the difference in cost between Aussie made goods and that made in cheaper countries like at the time Japan. Off course not all countries where cheaper than us but it served a purpose to encourage us to buy aussie made.
Geoff scraped it and so became the beginning of a slow but inevitable demise of Aussie jobs.
Maybe this tax is a step in the right direction? Not sure of the working of the other tax being introduced on companies taking profits made here off shore with no tax. But on the surface it seems like possibly another step in the right direction?
One thing is for sure the average Aussie working class ,no matter at what level can not afford any more direct tax on their income
Defiantly in full agreement with you on their wage increase. But have to disagree on weekend loading.
No one works any harder ,faster or better on a weekend than through the week, so why should it cost twice as much. If people do not want to work on a weekend then don`t move over and let some one that wants the work and has none do it.
My opinion and no offence intended to you Dave
Cheers Kimo             
toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 5:54pm
We are starting to get rid of the riff raff in our government . It may come down to a civil war again . It is going to take a movement of all Aussies pulling together . But more than anything there must be one man willing to risk everything for the people . Any politician that votes to give himself a pay raise while the general population suffers needs to go . 
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:37pm
99% of politions are there to line their own pockets and feather their own nests. one term in goverment and they retire with all the lurks and perks. you and i have to work all our lives to maybe have enough to do what we want to do. i think this post is way off topic nowWink.......mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by rodsncods rodsncods wrote:

99% of politions are there to line their own pockets and feather their own nests. one term in goverment and they retire with all the lurks and perks. you and i have to work all our lives to maybe have enough to do what we want to do. i think this post is way off topic nowWink.......mick

I agree MickThumbs Up

Dave
Life is fishing!
toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 2:02am
I agree too . Must be my Attention Deficit Disorder  or old timers disease .
toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 7:20pm
Well gents we are screwed. Because our postal services are more or less privatized there is not much that can be done for our situation.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 12:32pm
thats no good Toadfrog,it was nice of you to adress the situation anyway mateThumbs Up
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Kimo Kimo wrote:

Dave wrote :

Dave, Prior Geoff Whitlam There was always an import tax of I think around 10% for all overseas purchases or imported goods. This was added to the cost of a product which was not made in Australia and designed to balance out the difference in cost between Aussie made goods and that made in cheaper countries like at the time Japan. Off course not all countries where cheaper than us but it served a purpose to encourage us to buy aussie made.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Riddler-ColorShift-Pearl-Pigment-Sample-5g-/302244077363?hash=item465f269f33:g:CWUAAOSwll1Wxiyb
you cant buy the above paint in Australia(at least not that i know of).i dont think getting charged an extra 10 percent on this is fair.if it were from china and dirt cheap as many items are, then the 10 percent is fair enough.most of us havent had a pay rise in years when will these leaches in govt cut us a bit of slack?

toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 1:40pm
All I was hoping for was a fair deal for all . I found out yesterday that to get something from my friend in Israel it may cost me even more than to send my friends in Australia something . I haven't given up I'm just up a stump for the moment .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic