LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lure Making Articles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marbling part 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marbling part 1
    Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 11:58am
Ok guys , in this first part I will deal with what is needed , now in the photos you will see the pigments , they are a very fine powder , you only need about a pea size amount , I mix up 10 ml of rod finish , mix well [ 3 min ] you will get about 25 min pot life  , 5 ml of each , no guess work here , that is why I use a syringe , now select you colours , then pour a little bit of the plain mix into the cups , then add you powder again mix well , select your base colour , make sure you have enough to cover the lure , I do this while it is turning as it will self level , the lure I used has a base colour white , and I mixed yellow in the finish as the marbling base coat , The needle is for moving the colours around to get patterns , The little pot called sap is used to add to the colour mix to make it stringy which you will see in part 2 ,
Darkside Slayer and Zombie hunter.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 12:36pm
DID this go any further&can anyone add some more infoBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bob
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 12:27am
BUMPBig smileBig smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic