LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Cuthroat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matched Colour Set of Cut-Throats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matched Colour Set of Cut-Throats
    Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 6:33pm

I wanted to share with you a few new Mark Upton Cut-Throat lures that I was excited to pickup recently. The highlight for me is the matched colour set of four sizes :- 9cm, 11cm, 13cm and 15cm.

I don't know if this represents a complete set of the different sizes done by Mark as there is not much info available regarding his lures, and they don't turn up too frequently. The only reference that I have found is in an article by Vic McCristal for Modern Fishing Magazine in Sept. 1988. (For a link to this article http://www.lurelovers.com/forum/cut-throats-boomerangs-and-scorpions_topic2869_post23301.html#23301) It would be interesting to hear if anyone has located any additional models than these.

Vic described "Cut-Throats" as buoyant floating lures well suited to Mangrove Jack, with the larger two models (13cm and 15cm) a good fit for Barra and Fingermark. He said that he had done specially well with the 11cm model which has a distinctly tapered belly and offered better hook exposure. (Maybe similiar thinking to the McSea and McCristal scorpions ???) You should be able to pick up this feature in my third photo.

The paint job usually incorporates the use of either gold or silver glitter along the sides and are always distinguished by a flush of red under the bib.

Regards,
Col
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 6:45pm

Col,

thanks for putting them up for all to see, you are a lucky fellow mate they are awesome and to get a complete colour set of his most famous paint scheme ( glitter ) is even better. 

The largest you have there Col looks like the one he made for New Guinea .  Mark used to venture up to N.G every year and bang the Big Bass.  I was having a Coffee with him the other day as he was excited and packing for a quick fishing trip. 

People just don't realize how nice these lures are when rolled in your hand. 

cheers Tony 
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:45pm
Col a fantastic set.Thankyou for puttng them up on the site.I do have a couple of different colours if anyone would like to see them.
The Journey is the Reward

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:48pm
Yep...put em up Barry
cheers steiny
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 10:07am
I have one that previously belonged to Vic, needless to say, very proud to own.
Regards, Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
lumeah View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumeah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 4:37pm
I am lucky to have owned quite a lot of these over the years. Will have to clean out the garage and see what I come up with. Bringing back some great fishing memories of the inlet with Mark and his family.
vikingguy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vikingguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 3:00pm
your welcome to call me 0418769562 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic