Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Trevor McFeeters
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McFeeters Business Card

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McFeeters Business Card
    Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 5:37pm
Cleaning up a pile of crap in the garage and found a mint Trevor McFeeters Business Card which Trevor would have given to me when fishing / camping Xmas holidays 1989 at Glenlyon Dam.

Happy to pass it onto a genuine McFeeters Collector, let's say to someone who can show a pic of the most number of different model McFeeters in the same colour or a damn nice pic of a big Cod with a McFeeters lure hanging off it LOL

Nice little addition to someones memorabilia Thumbs Up

Cheers

Rob

Tonk Lures
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 5:45pm
Not fair, in only have 4 mcfeeters damn
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 5:48pm
James, at this stage you could be ahead with a pic of what you've got LOL Thumbs Up

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
dingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 5:58pm
James are they the same colour

Just give it to Tony! Rob
gdm
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 6:00pm
That card is different than others I have Would like Smile

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 6:01pm
After my efforts trying to purchase a different mcfeeters model from the secret society falling on deaf ears..............hint hint......I would like anything mcfeeters to sit with my few darts

Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 6:02pm
Saito, I have a spare in the normal card I can post to you if needed ! Or I'm sure debbie Dare would also. 
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 6:11pm
let Debbie dare know.......mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Aussbasstony Aussbasstony wrote:

That card is different than others I have Would like Smile

Tony, interesting Dart that one with the white back - same year as being given the card by Trevor I was trolling way up the back in Glenlyon with Trevor's son and he pulled one of the biggest Yella's I have seen on that exact lure .... nice memory Thumbs Up 

That's going to be a hard set to beat, stunning .... then again a monster Cod caught on a McFeeters would be worthy as well Tongue

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 7:43pm
Would it count if I photo shopped one of Tony`s lures into the mouth of a mega cod....I have NO lures.....Gary
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 8:06pm

Each lure is different, but all the same colour.

Allan

Forgot one the same colours.

Allan
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 8:07pm
I have been trying to find a photo suitable, something that maybe everyone hasn't seen already. Come up with this shot of the cabinet I put together for the 2013 Lure Expo. Hope you like Rob.
stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 2:49am
give us a few more days rob ,,,,,,,,,,,,
REMEMBER FOOLS RUSH IN WERE ANGELES FEAR TO TREAD
bdowdy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdowdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 2:06pm
Great card , would love to add to my Mcfeeters collection as I have the other card but not this one , but I have nowhere as much of a collection as the other members , good luck to the lucky person who receives it
hunting and fishing the new england
dingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 6:20pm
Not wrong Brett just sit back and watch.
Im hoping to see a photo of a big cod with Mcfeeter in mouth.
gdm
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 8:07pm
Top looking lures set's there guys .... love to see a big Cod pic as well Tongue

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
justlooking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justlooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 10:13pm
Hi Rob,
Cool card !!!!!!! it would fit great into the collection !!!
I have a pic of a smallish Cod, having trouble posting the pic ?
but it was caught on a great lure,
one of Trevor's rarer lures, The 201 !!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justlooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 10:18pm
Go early - Stay late.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justlooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 10:31pm
I'll keep workin hard ROB !!!!
Yellow and Black is popular in the old lures.
This is a pic of my full commercial freshwater set of 
Tenterfield Lures. Hope it's enough !!!!!

Go early - Stay late.
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 5:36am

Well played Brett.
I was wondering when you were going to post.

Rob, you should have found more of Trevor's cards.    

Allan
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 6:12am
I just scanned my first photo. didn't know it was so easy.
Here is a photo of an early Aussie 200 caught by the man himself. The head hung on my shop wall for years and now is in Trevor's shed. 1988 ish. 48lber.
bdowdy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdowdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 11:56am
here is the head of the above fish that Debbie was talking about still sits in trevors shed...and a photo that use to hang in trevor shop of a greedy cod that his son PETER caught twice on the mini darts...
hunting and fishing the new england
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 8:50pm
that's a greedy little cod.....good pics
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 10:06pm
Tony, if it's just a spare and you don't mind letting it go I would love to have it.
Would gladly pay yountorture mate. Sorry to hijack the thread rob. That is all from me.
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:48am
Gotta say I've been blown away by the responses to this post and in lots of ways have got myself tangled up and tormented over picking a winner. Originally I thought it would be easy and was sure the card would be staying in SE QLD, but judging by the number of PM's, calls and offers, I soon realised that I had to very carefully think through the decision.

So here it is ....

There are 3 wonderful sets of McFeeters on display above from dedicated Collectors - each is as truly magnificent as the other and it's a coin toss to pick the best of the best.

On the other hand, lures are for fishing and I have a suicidal passion for swimming legendary lures for the sake of it - I seriously don't know how I can go past a picture of the Legend himself with a mighty Cod caught on a McFeeters Aussie 200.

Well done Deb the card is heading your way Tongue Thumbs Up

Sorry to the guys who missed out, guess I'm off a couple of Christmas cards lists now Ouch LOL

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 10:17am
Congrats Deb
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 10:42am
Originally posted by saito saito wrote:

Tony, if it's just a spare and you don't mind letting it go I would love to have it.
Would gladly pay yountorture mate. Sorry to hijack the thread rob. That is all from me.

Hi Saito, I will honour my word mate and send you one of Trevors cards.   It is laminated if that's Ok with you. I was fortune enough to be sent a few from Trevor last year and have shared them around with collectors so you are more than wellcome to one.

PM me your address !! 

Cheers Tony 
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 11:03am
Congratulations Debbie.
The picture put up is worthy winner indeed.

Thanks to Rob for accidentally saving another piece of the McFeeter story, and also for putting this competition together.
It's great to see that there are some very fine Tenterfield Lures out there in collections, and that they won't be fished !

Allan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justlooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 12:10pm
Great job Rob, you are a very generous guy,
I thought the card was going just around the 
corner to Robina, as it would have saved on the postage !!!!!!!!
But I think that card belongs in the Museum, great pic Debbie !!!!
Go early - Stay late.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 12:30pm
Yep museum material for sure !
Great addition Deb.

Brett assumptions were wrong :-) you know what Assume means !!
Lure-Nut View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Tonk Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lure-Nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 6:50pm
Sorry guys, let me see if I can find another one buried somewhere - wish I'd found more than one Cry

Deb has also made a kind offer which I'll let her talk about Wink

Cheers

Rob
Tonk Lures
dingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:28pm
Well done Deb.
Nice offer Rob, really liked the greedy Cod pic myself.
gdm
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 10:48pm
You are on my Christmas card list now Rob. Thank you boys it was a hard contest and I wondered when Rob was going put us out of misery.
That card is an early one. Did you notice that he named lure styles.
I spoke to Trevor on the phone yesterday and he turned up for a surprise lunch a couple of hours later.
He's looking well.   Debbie D
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 4:28pm
Was lucky enough to get 2 McFeeters cards from Debbie and Tony.
They now sit with my small McFeeters collection.

Thanks guys

Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 4:46pm
Clap

wadey
www.reeldealfishing.com.au
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic