LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Trevor McFeeters
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mcfeeters of the Day :-)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by handbrake handbrake wrote:

How many stripes does a dart have? How ever many Trevor wanted and depended on how thick the paint was on the screen to how wide the stripe.

Great photo, Deb.

It is  bit of thumbprint for some our lures, the old side stripe template.  Peter taught Trevor to make lures, just as he enhanced my lure making ability.  This is the reason why Trevor's lures and my lures resemble Peter's lures.  The aluminium template is a legacy of Peter's influence on us.  The difference will be the width of the bars and the distance between the bars.  I've got about 3 different templates for side stripes.  Not sure how many Trevor had, but it may have only been the one in your photo.

Cheers

Travers
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 5:28am
It was the only one Travers and I also have the fish scale, and the dots with the line of drilled out holes.  To clean the template Trevor said he sprayed it with turps then heated it to lift the paint.
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 5:54am
The smaller templates were soaked in cleaning fluid to clean. Check out the row of drilled out holes.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2012 at 12:23pm
Looks like Trevor sprayed a lot of lures between cleaning the side stipe templates.  Probably needed a jack hammer to get the layers of paint off!LOL  I just soak mine in thinners.

Travers
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 5:19pm
A little school of Shrimp sitting round a bit of Timber LOL

Only Single signature on these but love them just the same. 
Cheers Tony 

cornboy888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornboy888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 6:17pm
Great looking lures Tony. The action on them is awesome as well.  The wobble mine used to put through the rod made it a fair job just to hold onto it.  I reckon the green one would be the first one I would tie on.  Depending on water quality of course.Thumbs Up
Thumbs Upcheers Chris
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 6:21pm
I like the Richmond shrimp the best
Fish Choking Lures :)
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 7:06pm

Of all the lures I have collected , this would be one of my favorites.
Mint , in burnt orange & black.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by redfish11 redfish11 wrote:

Of all the lures I have collected , this would be one of my favorites.
Mint , in burnt orange & black.

Al, thanks for the great photo mate but Bugger is all I can say it's a beautiful lure LOL
I do like the fact the lures are shared between collectors whom have a passion for the lure and not any other reason.  always better to have more people with models to share the love Clap
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 9:16pm

Two more, from two different periods.

Allan
justlooking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justlooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 4:19pm
Don't collect the Darts much, but have a liking for some of the different colours !!!
I think this one is called Harlequin, and yes very special !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go early - Stay late.
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 4:32pm
Wow thats a nice one!
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 4:46pm
nice lures guys.....but i love the shot of the old iron spray pattern set up....classic aussie stuff.
Ive only got one, a dart....seen a bit of use, got a nice cod on it this year.....now retired to the shed,

Jas

Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 5:48pm

@ Redfish,  Great classic Yellow Black,  you can see the time difference with both Signatures. The early one has furry stripes and oval split rings and the other the more refined stripes. But looking at the Template above from Debbie you would think the later would be furry LOL

@ Just Looking , dude that colour is fantastic and never seen it before, If you don't realy collect Darts you know where i am Smile 

@ Nicho, any darts a good dart mate Big smile

Thanks for the pics and keep them coming. 

Cheers Tony 
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 6:16pm
Couple of Darts in the same Burnt Orange black configuration  as Redfish's, Very nice colour in the flesh !

Darts, Mini Darts love them and can not get enough of them. 

The Green stripe one I picked up the other day and no Signature but same as the Black/White one no Sig either.  I can only go by the oval split rings and think they would be earlier but does not matter to me LOL
The Red/Black and Yellow/Black are both Dual Signature and love the stripes happening thing Big smile

Enjoy and Cheers Tony 

dalbykayakin View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 6:41pm
This one's a little different to the everyday dart.

never been swum but still got a few tacklebox marks on her

dalbykayakin View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 6:44pm
I'm guessing the T mcfeeters signed ones are newer than the T & J Mcfeeters signed ones?
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 6:57pm

Thanks Canooeeee !   I actually don't have a McFeeters with that type of Paint pattern.  Very different that's for sure.    Thanks for the Pic ! 
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 7:39pm
Check out the larger spots on the last one ,drilled out holes on the template. That's Trevors own handwriting (smaller writing lefthanded) later version. Also thinner tow point and round split rings.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 10:45am
Thanks for showing guys/gals, that Harlequin paint is stunning, looks like the finish you see on cars that changes with the angle of the light. Saw similar colours in hobby paintshop recently, may have to experiment, can stated contents as 'Lacquer', don't know if this is compatible with 'Acrylic' topcoat finishes and primers. Sorry to get of thread. Lovely Darts, don't know how they'd stand up to salty barra LOL.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
justlooking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justlooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 10:42pm
Still got a couple of different coloured Darts, this one is very nice and simple.
Go early - Stay late.
stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 11:23pm
yes brett simple but nice,,,,,just like this1 nice and simple with sparkles

REMEMBER FOOLS RUSH IN WERE ANGELES FEAR TO TREAD
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 2:04am
Best get myself a couple of these darts I'm thinking .... I painted a few lures a while back with that harlequin paint same color .... Have a bit left of it ready for somemore ... It comes up a treat .....
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 8:57am
Brett would that yellow dart go faster with GT stripes? Certainly flash. Trevor can remember doing that special order of lateral stripes.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 5:41pm

@ Stinger, that sparkle is something I have not seen before on Trev's lures , very special. 

@ Just Lookin !   very nice racing lure and I recognise the two tone Yellow black before the Stripe but very nice Big smile

I would hat eto try and find one of each colour Dart that's for sure.

Below is another Striking colour I saw while out bush working have never seen this either Tongue

Sorry crappy photo as I had my phone only and this is how it came out.......Doh ! 

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 6:44pm
They say red ones are faster LOL

Love this colour pattern on Trevor's lures !

The lure below was and still is a Medium Aussy 200 lure but it was bashed beyond belief !

Ask Tom from Gidgee if he could save it and make it a nice Hybred for me.    A gentle sand blasting got all the old paint off pretty quick and Tom finished the rest. 

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 6:30pm

Another day another McFeeter's Smile

Received these stunning  lures in the mail today.

Sometimes you need a little help from friends to help with the contacts, The person’s know whom they are and I thank you and appreciate it very much.Thumbs Up  Just look at the way they were packed LOL

Padded and with a nice little touch of Paper cut out fish Bones  , you know that the person they came from has the bug real bad Wink

It’s hard enough for me to find one Mint Aussie 200 let alone five in one go, some special colours and some classic colours . I have something special in mind for a couple of these and will keep you updated.

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers Tony 

Lefty View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 6:49pm
Mate that is the pick up of the decade, awesome congrats...
dingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 7:01pm
That's unbelievable.As you said Tony" hard to find one "but 5 in that condition,must have been stored away in a safe place.Forget McFeeter of the week!!!!!Clap  
gdm
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 6:09pm

Jas and Dingo thanks for the comment as I know both of you are now closet McFeeter lovers LOL

And not a bad habit to have either Thumbs Up

Cheers Tony 
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 7:31pm

Another colour.
Not mint, but still nice.
I'm sure my time will come.   Big smile

Allan
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 6:17pm
Allan,

When i started collecting McFeeters I turned down that Green/.Olive colour but now it has a place in my collection as awesome Big smile Thanks for the Pic !
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 6:39pm

After the latest Black/White I picked up I thought it may be a good time to post the colour set I have (excluding the XL ) 

It's taken me about 12 months of buying swapping and a couple of favours from very good friends on the forum. Thumbs Up I thank you !!

Anyway here they are and hope you enjoy them. 

Cheers Tony 

Lefty View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 7:10pm
Awesome collection there Tony, the hard  yards have definatly paid off.

redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 7:46pm
     +

Black/White and White/Black.
Either way, I have a long way to go before I catch Tony.     LOL

Allan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
  Share Topic