LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Trevor McFeeters
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mcfeeters of the Day :-)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 11:20pm
Love the black one Allan.

Tony...well, they are an awesome set! well done!
cheers steiny
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 7:48pm

Hi all, anyone got some new McFeeters to share Big smile would love to see them !
dalbykayakin View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 9:23am
Hi Tony im a sharer so i will show you my mcfeeters i've kept (swapped most of mine for vipers)

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 6:21pm
Might as well throw in todays score

Brolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 6:31pm
You sure are gathering a nice collection of McFeets there Canoee.Well done. ClapMike(Brolly)
FISHING JUSTS GETS IN THE WAY OF MY LURE COLLECTING
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 7:00pm
Thanks Canoee for the pictures, you have got some awesome lures mate cherish them !
Some classic colors and some very special colours I am yet to gather Tongue Well Done !! 
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 7:09pm
I first was blind but now i see how cool these lures are. Or maybe im just following the trend that is the collecting of mcfeeters lures.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by dalbykayakin dalbykayakin wrote:

I first was blind but now i see how cool these lures are. Or maybe im just following the trend that is the collecting of mcfeeters lures.

If you ever get sick of them Canooee, please let me be the first to know !

Mate I love them every one is hand carved and I have a history growing up fishing Trevor's lures that is my reason besides the fact they are beautiful, Timber, and Made in good old Aussy LOL
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 7:18pm

Couple of new ones for me Big smile

This Aussie 200 is a very special lure and will cherish it !  Painted in the Harlequin paint and I have been told either one or Four were ever painted in this colour.   For me I reckon it was the hardest lure to take a picture of and share the beauty of the finish, it just does not come across in a Photo. for me the best viewing is out of direct sunlight and it seems to pick up all light around then and show it's true changing from one to another colour ! Anyway here it is in Photo ! 

Cheers Tony 

And another little Mini Dart to add to the stable Big smile

Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 7:25pm
Lovin that harlequin paint. Sounds pretty rare!

It's a bit hard to see from the pic, but the bottom lure is about 10 mm wider. both around the same age im guessing. Just shows they are fully handcrafted

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by dalbykayakin dalbykayakin wrote:

Lovin that harlequin paint. Sounds pretty rare!

It's a bit hard to see from the pic, but the bottom lure is about 10 mm wider. both around the same age im guessing. Just shows they are fully handcrafted

Thanks Canooee, I have never noticed the vast difference in any of mine but yours truly shows how a hand carved lure can vary acording to timber used !    Awesome to have both together mate well done.
Cheers Tony 
Brolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 9:21pm

Originally posted by Aussbasstony Aussbasstony wrote:

Couple of new ones for me Big smile

This Aussie 200 is a very special lure and will cherish it !  Painted in the Harlequin paint and I have been told either one or Four were ever painted in this colour.   For me I reckon it was the hardest lure to take a picture of and share the beauty of the finish, it just does not come across in a Photo. for me the best viewing is out of direct sunlight and it seems to pick up all light around then and show it's true changing from one to another colour ! Anyway here it is in Photo ! 

Cheers Tony 

And another little Mini Dart to add to the stable Big smile

Tony that sure is a stunning looking Aussie 200 and you're right that harlequin paint does some wonderfully weird sh#t in the sunlight. Mike(Brolly)
Lefty View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 9:02pm
Here are my new additions, just need another couple of sizes...

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 11:13pm

Hey Jason you are on your way mate Big smile nice couple of Aussie's. I like the colour of the smaller one. 

Cheers Tony 
Brolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 10:23am
Some real nice examples of McFeeters lures showing up in this post and whist going through some of my old pics i found this one of the Mcfeeters i had a year or two back but as what often happens with lure collecting some have been traded or sold off to be replaced by others. Mike(Brolly)
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 8:58pm
Trevor drove out to see the cod at the wall today and had lunch with Brian and I.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Brolly Brolly wrote:

Some real nice examples of McFeeters lures showing up in this post and whist going through some of my old pics i found this one of the Mcfeeters i had a year or two back but as what often happens with lure collecting some have been traded or sold off to be replaced by others. Mike(Brolly)

Dam Brolly, wish I had visited you house a few years ago Cry some nice lures amongst them Tongue
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 9:38am
Debbie,

do you log onto the forum when Trevor is visiting  and let him see some of his lures being kept and not fished ? 

P.S.  thanks for adding that into this thread.  Cheers Tony 
Patto_28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patto_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 10:23pm
heres my collection of Mcfeeters not a big one but its a start.

Cheers

Pat
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 7:24pm
Hi Pato,

nice start to an addiction mate LOL  Love the message on the Old Dart !   
Thanks for the Pic's 
Lefty View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 8:12pm
yeah interesting the slim shape, grove in bib, eyes on top and clip used as towpoint looks deep dan ish, but the paint looks  Mcfeeters.

Be interesting to find out. Hybrid maybe????
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 8:47pm
Deep Dans even more tapered to the tail

The grooved aluminium was shared between Perte Newell and Rob Gaden at some stage I believe it was off cuts from a screen door manufacturer (the kick plate part of the door).  As there appears to have been sharing of various things between makers it would not be inconcievable that Trevoe received some from other makers or the source.

Heres a link to one that justlooking put up

the fish aren't art critics
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 8:14am
Here's my small 201 McFeeters lure. I believe it is rare as bigger models are about but not the smaller model.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 8:56am
Debbie, that small 201 is rare, I only have and seen the larger models.

Thanks for adding the picture here .

Thanks Tony 
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 9:57pm

No creased bib, but a earlier Aussie 200 with a very narrow tail, and quite a thin profile.
Possibly similar to the limited edition Aussie 200 Thin model, or just a variation of hand carving?

Allan
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 10:51pm
Allan either either way mate that is a special Aussie 200 ! Considerably thinner that's for sure and you've kept that one quiet Big smile

Can you edit your post and add a pic of the eyes for me please ?

Cheers tony.

redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 10:38pm

No two the same, but none are dissimilar either.

Allan
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2012 at 4:23pm

Allan you have a nice variation in that lot ! 

Thanks for the update.

Cheers Tony 
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 10:03pm
I was asked to post this up by another member who wishes to remain anonymous at this stage . It is not for sale or trade so please no PMs. Hope you like it.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 10:22pm
Hi Mick,

first off thanks for posting the picture of a very unique lure from Tenterfield. 
While my conversations with Trevor were few and far between I asked him about a lure which looks very much like the one you have posted. 
I tried to get it off the owner but he thought and was convinced it was a Newell Proto type lure and I knew deep down it was likely more a McFeeter lure.   ( look at Pic below )  The tow wire in the one I have put up here is different from your friends but still that Tenterfield area soldered is there. 
I have heard that Trevor's sons made something like this and to this day am not sure who or whom made them.   But that gold one looks very much like McFeeters Jew-anne colour pattern !!
unfortunately I did not get the red/.black one but another member on this site does own it and maybe would post a better picture of it ? 

Trevor said he called these lures  ( Snake Head )  after his son killing a snake with a shovel and what was left of the head !  Beleive it or not !!!    

P.S.  but without saying Mick, if he wants to off load it please pass on my details !! 

regards Tony 

micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 10:31pm
No worries Tony, apparently it was made especially for the original owner by Trevor . The present owner will no doubt see your post and get in touch if he wants to talk about a deal.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by micknq micknq wrote:

No worries Tony, apparently it was made especially for the original owner by Trevor . The present owner will no doubt see your post and get in touch if he wants to talk about a deal.

Cheers mate but it is great for all to see and appreciate you sharing this picture from your friend. 

Regards Tony 
justlooking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justlooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 1:03am
Tony !!! Great pic,
but ?
Look at those Newell's !!!!!!!
Go early - Stay late.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 6:51am
Originally posted by justlooking justlooking wrote:

Tony !!! Great pic,
but ?
Look at those Newell's !!!!!!!
Yep they were nice and that is why he had it sitting next to the Newell,s because he thought it was one !
I reckon that was a tribute shelf to Vic. Mc crystal the hand written letter in background and the Scopion has a nice Red signature on it Big smile they are all gone Brett !
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 7:53pm

Another skinny bum Aussie 200.

Allan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic