LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > Aussie Lures - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mclaughlins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mclaughlins
    Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 10:13pm
McLaughlin`s,
I had heard of them but don`t think I had ever had one until now or maybe I had and thought it to be a Rapala.
Either way I have one now and could not get a lot of info on them. I googled and everything seemed to relate to McLaughlin` Bait Co Whom would appear only do Juro Lures today and even these appear to be a very limited range.
Is there any Info or Charts to be found/seen on either or both McLaughlin or the older Juro Lures ?
Have I got the right People/ Distributors/ Makers ?
Are they still in production ?
????????

Thanks Kimo
Chep Buxley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 5:40am
Interesting.............Rapala style bib. Hope someone can help.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 12:05pm
it looks like an old impala which was a south african company that made Rapala knock offs.Iheard Rapala bought this design off them so they woul'dnt be made anymore.Perhaps Impala made these for Mc Laughlins under contract?
that's no how ye make porridge!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 12:08pm
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 3:12pm
I asked similar questions to those above in a message to Juro on Facebook
This is the reply I received back:
Hi Kim,

Yes it was Juro Ozpro Tackle that did the McLaughlin's range of lures.
The McLaughlin's range of lures was available around 10 years ago and are no longer a part of our range.
The lure you are talking about was a Timber lure with a Metal bib and they were very good on all manner of pelagic species.
We eish you the best using them and that they bring you many memorable catches.

Kind regards,
Juro Ozpro Tackle
Kimo
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 3:35pm
Just had a read of your link Pugs
Very interesting, ya have to wonder about paintent and copy laws
The Impalas were Plastic or molded Thus would not be in breach of the Rapala,
However it appears that these were timber and to close to the same to possibly continue manufacturing if chalanged.
Either way I think mine will become a ( Lisa Kenny/ Curry ) done all its major swiming and will stay dry and sit on the shelf.
Kimo
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Kimo Kimo wrote:

I asked similar questions to those above in a message to Juro on Facebook
This is the reply I received back:
Hi Kim,

Yes it was Juro Ozpro Tackle that did the McLaughlin's range of lures.
The McLaughlin's range of lures was available around 10 years ago and are no longer a part of our range.
The lure you are talking about was a Timber lure with a Metal bib and they were very good on all manner of pelagic species.
We eish you the best using them and that they bring you many memorable catches.

Kind regards,
Juro Ozpro Tackle
Kimo
very interesting,theres another puzzle solvedThumbs Up
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Kimo Kimo wrote:

Just had a read of your link Pugs
Very interesting, ya have to wonder about paintent and copy laws
The Impalas were Plastic or molded Thus would not be in breach of the Rapala,
However it appears that these were timber and to close to the same to possibly continue manufacturing if chalanged.
Either way I think mine will become a ( Lisa Kenny/ Curry ) done all its major swiming and will stay dry and sit on the shelf.
Kimo
yeah good idea mate and now you have its story too which makes it a nice talking point.Iwish i still had my old impalas,i bought a heap of them from the bargain bin at erskines in cairns about thirty years ago,they were'nt a bad lure but not as good as a Rapala and your right they were made from polyurethane .Imust look downstairs tomorrow as i think ive still got a Impala box somewhere if somebody  wants it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic