LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Les Barlow
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meeting Les 25/6/12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meeting Les 25/6/12
    Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 12:00pm
I thought I would add a few pics that have not been posted already from my visit to Les Barlows the other day. Here is Les attaching the hooks to my 'fatty' lure prior to use.

Les's drying rack for the eyelets. I think he said he removes the yellow plastic chocks and then the lures can lay down on their backs for the underbelly eyelet to dry.

Bibs cut out and shaped ready to be glued in.

Lure bodies ready for the next stage. All holes are countersunk to accommidate extra glue and the eyelet.

A pile of completed 'Lil bombs'.

These are Les's lure testing hooks. They are attached to his lures when he swims and tunes them down the river. He has used the same hooks with 'no points' since starting lure production in 1987 and has even landed yellowbelly and jew on them.

Here are some lure making tools. The thin one is used for pushing 24Hr alradite into the eyelet holes.

Overall a top bloke...and a great day out!

cheers steiny
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 12:27pm
Mate these are the best posts getting the info on lure makers & their lures,,keep them coming,,thanks ,,Gary
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 2:31pm
I love seeing photo's of lure makers and there workshops and how they do things, great stuff, thanks for the pics Steiny.
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 2:54pm
Bloody excellent , I love seeing these  posts , Thumbs Up
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 6:48pm
Here is a prototype made by Les a while ago. It is called the 'Lil Freak'. It was designed along the same shape as Fatty but with less action and narrower body slightly. This is the only one Les made before he changed the name to 'Fatty 2'. Les was not sure how old the lure was. After using the lure for about half an hour and snagging it on a tree, upon closer inspection I noticed the different name.

cheers steiny
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 7:36pm
godd time spent there steiny.......he knocks a few out hey!!
great bloke with great stories.....thanks for sharing the day.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
fisher072 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisher072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 8:12am
Thankyou for putting this up, very interesting.
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 10:18pm
just fabulous Darren thankyou mate for sharing your experience at Les's with us ClapClapClapClapClapClap
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic