LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Luremakers Shed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Megapoxy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutcho1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Megapoxy
    Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 10:23pm
Gday all
Just wondering does anyone use Megapoxy for glueing in bibs, tow points etc. I was in one of the local hardware places today in Darwin and he said that it has the exact same properties as Araldite and dries super clear as well. Could even maybe used as a sealer? $50 for 1.5 litres.
Cheers
Hutcho
Hutcho1977 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutcho1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 9:56am
Thought this might be of interest to everyone. Having not actually sealed a lure yet it just confuses me even more.
http://www.boatcraftnsw.com.au/botecote/3~%20Timber%20Saturation.pdf - Timber saturation test
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 11:24am
bote cote seems to be the best one tested and meranti was the most absorbent,i know a couple of luremakers who swear by the two-pac sealers used by boat builders so theres definately some to this.interesting stuff,i wonder if the sealer was applied during falling barometric pressure if there'd be more penetration?,food for thoughtThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic