LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > D.I.Y Moulded Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal casting Silocone mold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metal casting Silocone mold
    Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 9:04am
We use to make some spinner baits with the Juniors in the Fishing club each Winter, so thy have some when the season opens again. Use to make some very light ala Mepps 1 size. But that size of body is off the market. So i decided to do them by my self. Making the mold is done just as you make a mold fore Lures. I am using a specil metal casting Silicone. It takes up to about 290 C. HAve some that i made in 1985 to do Spoons. Thy stil work a treet after severel hundreds casting.
Here is the result if any chould have interest in it

A cople of ouers work included melting the metal, and there is 4x25 peices fore the Juniors to play with
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 7:39pm
thats a very good idea Per,what do you cast them from is it tin or something like that?
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 5:11am
Thanks Chris
I was pleased it worked allright, so we can make the spinners again. The Juniors always have some Put&take trips every year, and Meeps 1 is a very good spinner fore those trips.
i use some metal, that have being used to make letters fore printing Books and newpapers before the electronic age toke over. we call it : Book-printing-metal Who figures Confused
there is 12% tin in it,  but most is Leed. 66% and some we call : antimon. 22% That have the function to make the metal hard/tough
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:14am
Hi PJ can I see one of the types of spinners you make from the castings when you have a chance please. 

Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 5:33pm
Rick i will take a Pict off the ones i make to my Son. We start up again with the junior evenings on Monday. Here we pick up the things left before Christmas. Including giving the Junior of the year price, as the lucky young man unfotunatly was ill before Christmas.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic