LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Trevor McFeeters
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mini dart sizes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mini dart sizes
    Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 2:42pm
maybe the top 1 is a xl minidart as there seems to be a lot of difference

maybe you can see the difference in this pic better

REMEMBER FOOLS RUSH IN WERE ANGELES FEAR TO TREAD
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 6:40pm

Rod fantastic Black/White Scheme happening there, It's addictive Hey !!

As for the Mini Darts it just goes to show when they are all hand carved mate you are surely going to get exceptions to what we call normal.

I have Darts that are thinner longer and I suppose just carve out of a different bit of Timber.

This is all my own opinion though no facts !!  Glad you got hold of these McFeeter Beauties before someone else whom doesn't appreciate them and horror maybe fished them. 

Thanks for the pictures Thumbs Up
dingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 10:17pm
Yes Rod that's the fatter Mini Dart which was used to catch slightly fatter fish I believe.LOL
Great find there,hold on to those speckies.
gdm
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 10:52pm
Ahhh I may have the answer Lamp. THE Goggomobil Dart was available with 2 engine capacities, so Trevor must have offered an option for the more muscular user as well Wink LOL

Nice to see the old stuff appearing in the light of day Clap
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 1:00pm
YEP YOUR RIGHT DARBY,,,went for a search to find another mini dart to compare got this red1 ,,similar to the small 1

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by stinger stinger wrote:

YEP YOUR RIGHT DARBY,,,went for a search to find another mini dart to compare got this red1 ,,similar to the small 1

Yep Rod they all look good mate and for sure it looks like it's on steroids LOL  But all his lures are not made from a Lathe mate so it a nice supprise when you find an oddity amongst them !!

I'll swap you a mint Mini Dart in another colour for your white Chubby one !
stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 9:41pm
VERY GENEROUS TONY
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 7:28pm

Rod,
These two are both Trevor signature Mini darts, but the top one is also quite noticeably bigger.

Allan
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 7:40pm
Dam all these XL mini darts and I can't find one .

Awesome pick up mate cheers tony
stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 7:40pm
allan the bib seems to go in on a different engel to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the top 1 has areal nose...the fat 1 of mine is trevors signature while the skinny is dual thanks for puting them up,,,,,,,,,,ROD

yer tony i think i can see xl under the bib but not sureLaff
stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 10:29am
maybe the bottom left is a smaller an the other 3 std

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 10:47am
Originally posted by stinger stinger wrote:

maybe the bottom left is a smaller an the other 3 std

The beauty of a nice hand made lure Stinger !

Nice quad mate.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 12:10pm
Trevor's the only one who could provide the reason for the different Mini darts, but there is probably a simple reason for the difference.

The two sizes look to have different bib angles, which suggests that one may evolved into the other, or they may be 2 different versions that were made at the same time.

Another explanation may be that they are drawn from the same template, but Trev didn't quite follow the lines very well when he was cutting them out with the bandsaw.  I mentioned in another Post that this is the main reason for any variation in my lures.  Of course, with a small lure, a small variation van make a big difference to the finished lure.

Cheers

Travers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic