Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Eric Moller
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moller Facts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moller Facts
    Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 9:27am
Recently there's been a bit of conjecture as to how Eric created his tow eyelets. Well Bruce Moller visited yesterday and I remembered to question him, to clear up any unknowns.
Bruce lived in Townsville, Westy was a policeman and stationed there, Bruce would spend his highschool holidays in Cardwell with Eric.
I asked him how Eric created his eyelets, he said he used a 3" nail which he'd clamp in the vice and bend heavy gauge gal tie-wire around it using pliers. He never ever used split-pins, but wasn't that fussed about evening the ends up. That's why some of those X-ray shots may appear to be split pins, due to ends slightly uneven.
On the subject of SS wire, Bruce said he never saw it used, however if he was given some to make special orders, it's possible. Bruce explained Eric being a pensioner, didn't have the means to buy expensive materials, so SS wire wouldn't have been purchased by the spool. The enamel spray cans used were his biggest outlay.
Hope this clears up some of the outstanding queries, if anyone has other questions, I'll be seeing Bruce again next week.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 11:24am
Some good info there Seaweed. I do have a Chin Minnow with SS wires and it's a genuine Eric but they would be few and far between.

Re the split pins. A couple yrs ago, can't remember the post, Brad was referring to split pins in a lure and
I told him they should be referred to as a "split pin profile" to save confusion Confused with the real thing. I used to think that everybody knew what a real split pin was/looked like but apparently that is not the case Smile.    

Gristy
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 8:27pm
I have a small Moller chin minnow which came from lure maker Lionel White. Lionel bought the lure himself in Cardwell back in 1973 from a service station. It has SS eyelets and it is a geniune Eric Moller.
cheers steiny
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic