Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Eric Moller
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moller Tiwi Tigers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moller Tiwi Tigers
    Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 10:30am
Bruce is now managing the Tiwi Land Council and will be moving to live on Bathurst Is. later this month.
Don't know if anyone remembers, but I posted a photo of 60 lures Westy has made, with unique shape, these are a chunky 5" lure made from red cedar and white beech for barra or collectors.
After many months of waiting ('blackfella time' ), Bruce finally received these two back, hopefully more to follow. I installed ali bibs and primed for Bruce, previous to sending to Tiwi artists. To offset Westy's pension and to recoup artist's fees, these will be offered to LL members first as collectables and later to local Weekend Markets here in Darwin.
Hope you like, think you'll agree, unique.
Watch this space in the next few months for more, now Bruce is going to be living there, painting should progress a little quicker LOL.
Regards, Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 10:33am
Awesome!!!!
Hope they aren't too expensive when they come out, would be great to include in my rather meagre Moller collection

Thanks for the prelude Tony.
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 12:05pm
Brilliant collaborative effort, they look awesome Clap

thanks for posting them up Tony

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
brendan t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendan t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 12:14pm
how good are they   look at work gone into them      
brendan t
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 1:54pm
Exceptional, all round!!! Thumbs Up
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 2:59pm
& a true Australian lure all round...these will be a must have for all us collectors....Gary
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 7:44am
Very nice!
Hope to get hold of one.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 8:56am
Thanks for feedback guys and gals, yes alot of prep work and patience involved. I'll endeavour to keep the cost down for LL members as much as possible, Bruce was talking approx. $50 per, but I'll work on him. He'd like me to handle the distribution , when the time comes, as postage is a bit tricky from the Tiwi's. Definitely for the lure collector, I wouldn't like to swim as the substrate the artists used is to me unknown. If like most of their art, they mix the ochre and other pigments usually with PVA glue, such as Aquadere they wouldn't like getting wet. Bruce wanted me to clear-coat, but I talked him out of it, due to substrate concerns.
These were primed with acrylic to give the base and swim tested in Bruce's pool, prior to going to Tiwi's.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic