LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mondy dam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mondy dam
    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 9:23pm
had another trip for a couple of days this week ,i have made a couple of smaller lures ,not by much but different ,landed a few on them they swim nice but on the twitch every now and then they spiral around ,most times they are great but on the odd accasion they do this any ideas why they do it ,is the bib out of shape ,maybe body a bit lop sided ,my two lures are 1st and 4th from left
it a lot better world if you just smile
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 11:01pm
If the bib or body were off a bit, they would play up all the time. I reckon the line probably gets hung up on a treble or tow point or the belly hooks sticks into the side of the lure temporarily!! Lures do that occasionally, yours look fine...
Fysshe
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 10:58am
They look good to me mate and they are catching fish. Well done.
All my braids gone!
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Fysshe Salmon Fysshe Salmon wrote:

If the bib or body were off a bit, they would play up all the time. I reckon the line probably gets hung up on a treble or tow point or the belly hooks sticks into the side of the lure temporarily!! Lures do that occasionally, yours look fine...
i have seen the trebles get stuck in the sides ocassionally ,would using a rubber band on the trebles on the back make a difference to performance ,trying to aleviate that hook rash 
it a lot better world if you just smile
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:21pm
I wouldn't bother with rubber bands, you may have to move the belly hook a little to avoid severe hook rash! Just run the lure shallow beside the boat and gauge where the pivot point is. That will be the sweet spot to put the eyelet.
Fysshe
Luc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Luc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:27pm
Try replacing the trebles with singles.
L4
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic