LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More Help Please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More Help Please
    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 5:05pm
I have had this one a few years now and have not been able to match it up to any one so I am hoping some one here can give it a name
I found lots with the same shape, color, bibs and eyes or very similar but could not match the paint work There is a white spot or dot on each side of the tail
This is timber not moldered

Couple I got on Ebay some time back

Thanks Kimo
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 6:39pm
top one is codger-ish?
that's no how ye make porridge!
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 7:26pm
Chris the top one looks a bit like a Muldoon?

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 9:42pm
Have to agree with you Danny it looks very Muldoon, Shape,Eyes. bib, according to Lure Hub Oz is there anywhere else I can look at examples of Muldoons?
The examples show there are 80 mm this one is 60 mm and it looks like the newer moldered ones have the wire tow point coming from the front of the lure to the tow point on the bib.
Kimo
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:05am
I was wondering if the second lure may have been a Esoteric Lures Mud Gudgeon ??
Not good at this so I would like conformation from those that are
Thanks Kimo
monty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 12:22pm
Top lure definitely mulldoons. Body length should de 6cm.
MONTY
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 8:40pm
Thanks Chris, Danny, & Monty
Dose anyone have anything on the other 2 lures
Thanks Kimo
monty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 12:03pm
Green lure has a "ex lure" look about it.
MONTY
wahootim View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahootim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 1:15pm
Blue one is a Robbo's Lure from Bundaberg, currently not made anymore But Robby is thinking of getting back into it.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 1:42pm
Yes the green one is an EX LURE. The way the tag ends of the tow clip are bent is a dead give away. The eyes are also like one of the styles used and the scale pattern is EX LURE.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by wahootim wahootim wrote:

Blue one is a Robbo's Lure from Bundaberg, currently not made anymore But Robby is thinking of getting back into it.
gordon roberts from st george makes lures under the same name--- robbo's lures.......mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Raffey Raffey wrote:

Chris the top one looks a bit like a Muldoon?

Cheers,

Danny.
yeah mate i meant to say MuldoonWinkLOL
that's no how ye make porridge!
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 8:59pm
Shit this is harder than I thought
Thanks Guys
Yer I think you are right Monty , Martin EX Lure I was thinking Esoteric Lures Mud Gudgeon, Based on shape and the location of the pupil in the eyes.
Monty questioned it and Martin blew it out of the water with the tow point of the EX Froggy Matches up pretty well Thanks again
The Blue One, I have an identical Green one as well,
Robbos Lures ?? Is the Bundaberg guy the same Guy as the St George Bloke or are they separate identities? Not familiar With St George Location.
Lure Hub seems to only list St George Robbo and the picture associated to him seem to be different to the lures I have. This would possible be because not all his style lures were pictured or Mine came from Bundaberg Robbo ??????
Some one please sort me out
Thanks Mick & Wahootim   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic