LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > Charitable Auctions/Sales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MS Charity Ride

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MS Charity Ride
    Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 10:01pm
All,

I will be completing the Sydney to The Gong bike ride for MS on the 1st of November of this year and I am presently fundraising for this great charity.

A few lure makers from this site have generously donated some lures to be either auctioned or raffled off to raise more funds also a few members are presently painting a few of my creations.

So if any other member wishes to donate to this cause please PM me for details etc....

The auction or raffle will hopefully commence at the end of this month and any donations would be appreciated cheers Mick
Lofty View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Esoteric Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 8:07am
I'm in Mick this is a great cause and I am only too happy to support you in this challenge.Lofty
Esoteric lures "For The Select Few"
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 9:23am
Ted

Thanks matey i appreciate your generosity and support cheers Mick
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 6:17pm
Lofty/Jim jungl/Ray Murphy/Pearcy have said they will supply lures for this great charity but a few more lure makers would be better cheers Mick
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 4:24pm
2 more luremakers on board with Nativeman and Rally44
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 7:54pm
Hi mick,
Missed this post mate, i will knock up a dodgey lure for you if that helps....its for a good cause well done mate.
where and how will the auction be held? And what time frame etc is required to get lures to you?
A bit more info on here may get a bit more support.
cheers Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 9:32pm
The auction will be held as soon as lures arrive and the winner can put monies straight into my fund on the Sydney to the Gong page and I will pay postage the ride takes place on the 1st of November but I was hoping to finalise in the first week of September.
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 1:46pm
I have been asked by a few supporters of this charity if it would be better to auction or raffle the lures which are being donated so what does everyone think?
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 9:27am
Here is a few lures i will be giving Mick for the auction , M,S CHARITY RIDE , i will paint 1 of Micks own lures as well , the top lure is the first soldered towing wire i have ever done and will be signed no1  the other lure is a gar fish blank painted by Gristy , support this auction please , it is a great cause , cheers pearcey
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:19am
Dave

As usual very nice work and thank you for supporting this cause.

A number of other lure makers have also donated to this worthy cause and I will post photos later this week and commence the auction process.

A big thank you to all that have donated.

Cheers Mick
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 12:27pm
mick could you please give info re posting etc etc
jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 10:47pm
To make a general donation towards the group I am captaining for the Sydney to the Gong ride you can use this link
https://register.gongride.org.au/MS-Sydney-to-the-Gong-Ride/donate/Team%20ARTC
and this will be the link for the winning bid placed on the lures.

Cheers Mick
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 12:31pm
All,
Below are the pictures of the lures to be auctioned

The auction will commence today and finish on the 29th of this month at 1800 NSW time, please use the link for the winning bidder to place funds and once funds have been received I will send lures via registered mail which will I will pay.

Please place comment LURES.

I will place the opening bid of $100 and I am sorry for the picture quality.

There is another couple of lures to be added but I have to start auction now to avoid missing the cutoff date for the MS charity ride.

Cheers Mick
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 1:41pm
Remember that Dave's lures in the earlier post are to be added and also all bids to be made via replies no PM.
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 6:00pm
I missed these fellas
Tassietrout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassietrout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 7:30pm
Great cause, $200 bid
edandkell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edandkell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 7:33pm
So all bids to be placed here then paid for via the link above? If so I'm happy to bid $150. Cheers Ed
edandkell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edandkell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 7:34pm
Sorry didn't see the bid above Embarrassed $225
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 8:25pm
I suppose I should mention the lure maker's involved as their generosity holds no bounds,

Lee's Lures
Esoteric Lures
Powell Lures
Jungle Jim Lures
Dave Pearce
Ray Murphy
Styles Lures ( which are painted by other lure makers )

Plus there is also so one off lures made by Dave Pearce and painted by?

Good Luck with the bidding and as I said in an earlier post there is some more lures to come so good bidding.

Cheers Mick
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 8:32pm
In the main photo I have doubled up on the green Lee's Lure so only expect one sorry I just inserted the same photo twice.
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:21am
As you have probably noticed there is also a Dave Pearce lure painted by Gristy which would surely be e one off.
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 5:38pm
Another lure to add to the growing pile one of my rough creations made pretty by Mark Andrews
Padgey View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
Power Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 6:40pm
Only seen this post today, as I suffer from MS I know how much it can affect those who have it, so I'll put a couple lures in the top lure is a one off carving, cheers Bryan.
HANDCARVED and HANDMADE TIMBER LURES
mark2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:47pm
A good little lure you made Mick, gave it a test swim swims well a nice action!
Cheers Mark
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:50pm
Mark
thanks matey too bad I cant paint lol, but thanks for the great paint work
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 10:50am
Here is the 3 lures i am donating to the charity all one offs and signed , bottom one is a lure by Mick Styles and painted by me , cheers pearcey
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 1:56pm
A lot of functional artwork on display here.

$250.00

Tony.
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 6:17pm
Fellas ,

$250 is way too cheap for this many lures so i will bid $300 , and there is some Tony Pullen lures to be added to the mix i will add photos soon cheers Mick
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 8:48am
Just a reminder that this finishes soon and I will post some more photos soon of all lures cheers Mick
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 10:13am
Maybe a group shot of all the lures may attract some more bids.
cheers steiny
kayargh1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayargh1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 10:26am
I am happy to bid $350.00. I think all the lures are great but I would especially like to add Pearcey's garfish, painted by Gristy, to the other garfish I bought in the site auction. Thanks, Ken.
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 11:47am
Yes I will try and catergorise the lures better this weekend and I will try and do a group shot, I still think $350 is too cheap but it is still a lot of money to go to the MS charity.
Lofty View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Esoteric Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2015 at 6:58pm
Mick I will have to send you one of Pearcey's garfish that I painted a little while ago and see if that will get you a couple of extra bucksEmbarrassed
Esoteric lures "For The Select Few"
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 9:06am
Lofty

Cheers matey and thank you , as you have been more then generous to this great cause.

Mick
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 7:55am
All,

I will attempt to itemise the auction lures a bit more organized so here we go, below are the 3 Lee's lures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic