LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Fly Fishing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mullet on fly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mullet on fly
    Posted: 23 May 2016 at 11:50am
ANY ideas thoughts on fly fishing for mullet??????Big smileBig smileTongueTongue
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 1:10pm
Mr Fugly Sinclair catches a lot of gar and mullet on the fly while chasing other critters. A bread fly in amongst a bread berley works.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 1:34pm
not theeasiest to catch Bob as they are very easily spooked (at least the big ones are),out in the Brisbane river where i target them i'll chuck a heap of berly out in a section of river where i know theres good mullet,and then hide down in the long grass or behind a tree(big mullet are even easier to spook than trout),once the big mullet have turned up and been feeding for a while i'll cast out a sinking bread fly and just let it sit till i see the take,you usually have to wait a long time for a hit and if you stuff it up they're all goneLOL,if the fish are in deeper water (2mtrs or more)its a bit easier.if you do happen to spook mr mullet keep trying anyway as theres often bream or garfish that'll keep you entertainedWink
that's no how ye make porridge!
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 5:17pm
COOL chris on me nephews place at clarencetown on the williams river its all fresh heaps of bass but i burley d up some carp but there some nice mullet in there only got small ones on spin gear small floats &bread will make the switch to fly gear next time &see how we go WinkClapClapClapregards bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic