LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Keith Baker
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My bucket list has been fulfilled (almost)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My bucket list has been fulfilled (almost)
    Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 9:36pm
Pick this up in Brisbane last week and love it to death.I now will not have to hassle Tonym for his.

The Journey is the Reward

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 9:47pm
61 59 very nice Barry, still pristine...how the hell do you do it 58
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 11:16am
Thank you for sharing this one with us Barry. There's something about Keith's lures that had me "hooked" from the start, and this is a particularly nice one with a few special features.
I'm constantly in awe of Keith's carving skills and his finishes were well ahead of his time. An absolute master of lure making who I would nominate for a "Hall of Fame".
Regards,
Col
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2012 at 11:33am
How good is that!!!!! Big smile

You are number 1 when it comes to tracking down lures Barry  Clap

p.s. I think mine has long shank hooks in the claws, more intricate body, and is older, so I'd better keep it locked up! Confused LOL

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
codzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 11:59am
Absolutely stunning Baz !
Real pain !!!

Always has a pair of trebles

Attached .......
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 4:46pm
GREAT score capt ClapBig smileregards bob
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 5:46pm
id give my left n#t for one of those things....classics
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 10:56am
very nice lure barry ,,,,is it signed underneath
REMEMBER FOOLS RUSH IN WERE ANGELES FEAR TO TREAD
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 5:58pm
I do not have any Bakers that are signed George.It would be nice.
The Journey is the Reward

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 6:00pm
I like the hooks in the claw ...clever idea that!
cheers steiny
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 1:39pm
THESE are dead sexy very cool indeedyClapClapClapTongueregards bob
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 2:03pm
My first glimpse of Keith's lures was in a fellows tackle box at Windemere Dam about 18-19 years ago, the fellow (I think his last name was George?) Was a travelling rep from Dubbo and he was showing Keith's lures around too shops for him. I remember being in absolute awe of what was in that box. A famous old blues musician tells a story of when he was younger, that he was offered a lesson on playing slide guitar off an elderly blues player. The old guy had a medicine bottle that he used for slide, after listening too him play, he got up, handed him his brand new shop bought slide, turned and walked away. He was asked why he did leave? and he answered "I could not compete with that, so best to just walk away. I felt a little of that looking into the box. Keith later contacted me about making his bodies quicker, out of wood I had nothing to suggest but put him in contact with Lively Lures, that's when the fella who's name escapes me??? Bought the rights to the Baker Cray, Cheers Paul.
PS: Some of the lure shapes in that box, I kid you not! Have never been seen, ( by me at least) on any lure sites.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 3:10pm
cool story paul with the bottle neck slide Ithink we all wish we"d have seen that box never know it may still be all together sitting under some old dusty bench in a shed out there Big smileBig smileregards bob
muckawa View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muckawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

p.s. I think mine has long shank hooks in the claws so I'd better keep it locked up! Confused LOL

some blokes were using that lure at good hope last year and catching twenty yellas a day  
they were call it a Burrinjuck special, but i tried to buy them , Yass, Cootamundra, Queanbeyan, Canberra,now i know that lure is not Stuckey's .. the hook in the claw makes a big difference to the hook up rate , 
thanks for the post Tony , this is a great Aussie lure site 
the claws are moulded plastic , body wood
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by muckawa muckawa wrote:

Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

p.s. I think mine has long shank hooks in the claws so I'd better keep it locked up! Confused LOL

some blokes were using that lure at good hope last year and catching twenty yellas a day  
they were call it a Burrinjuck special, but i tried to buy them , Yass, Cootamundra, Queanbeyan, Canberra,now i know that lure is not Stuckey's .. the hook in the claw makes a big difference to the hook up rate , 
thanks for the post Tony , this is a great Aussie lure site 
the claws are moulded plastic , body wood
Catching Yellowbelly on Baker krays Shocked Like feeding choc coated Strawberries to pigsLOL
froggy06 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote froggy06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 4:49pm
Fantastic lure , thanks for posting up , had a deal with one but it went cold and fell over Cry oh well keep trying Thumbs Up
aster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 9:28pm
I love the lure.The work that's gone into that is fabulous BUT..... is it swimming backwards?
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 7:52am
Christinna, If you get the chance to see a cray/yabby in a tank, you will see that while they crawl forward to feed and move, when under duress from a predator, they use a tail flick under the body topropel themselves backwards with great speed. Hence most Yabby shapes have the bib at what looks to be the rear of the lure.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:37am
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
aster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 11:03am
Thanks Brad, while I am fascinated by fishing lures my lack of fishing knowledge and experience always comes back to haunt me. They seem to go hand in hand and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to share their experience and knowledge ( even if I do ask some silly questions ).
Christina.
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 7:50pm
Dont worry Christina if you never ask you will never know.Asking a question when you dont know is not silly but on the other hand pretending to know everything when you dont is silly.Members on this site will be more than happy to explain things so ask away
THE CODFATHER
Dave View Drop Down
Assassin Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 4:01am
The only silly question is the one u should have asked    cheers DaveSmile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic