LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Eric Moller
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MY ERIC MOLLER COLLECTION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MY ERIC MOLLER COLLECTION
    Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 9:07am
Hi all its been a while since i have posted up my eric moller lures and there has been a couple of changes to the collection so i thuoight i would put them all up for you to see.hope you like them.steven
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 9:33am

They are very nice Steve ! 
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 11:27am
Thats a great looking colleciton Steve, thanks for the pics, regards Chris
reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 12:27pm
thanks fella,s all of the moller lures are pretty special to me
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 7:43pm
Very nice Steve.Some great shapes there and colours.
The Journey is the Reward

murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 11:55am
Fantastic.

Mollers just have to be the most important lure we can collect.

Cheers,Jim
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 1:22pm
Great collection of 'Mollers' Steven...thanks for posting for all to enjoy!
cheers steiny
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 5:47pm
Lovely collection of mollers
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 5:57pm
geez i just want one....but no one down this area ever has them.....one day hopefully.....I do have an unpainted blank that cptn cranky kindly gave me.....a great gesture, and appreciated.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 7:47pm
great slice of Qld luremaking history there you are a lucky man Steven
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 6:19pm
Hi Peter Munt here
Two definitely, and possibly four of your Moller Lures were made by me.
I have recently returned from many years working on Cape York and have developed an interest in lure making again and in particular I feel strongly that collectors do not know of the very serious connection between Munt and Moller Lures.
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 7:01pm
Oh Dear Peter, I reckon you`ll stir up a lot of emotions re Mollers. Is it or is it not!! Cheers Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 7:30pm
Which ones Peter?

I'll take a wild stab at the nudes with the round eyes.

I'm sure all serious collectors would be very appreciative if you told the story.

Cheers, Jim
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 8:07pm
Two and four on the top row and 3 and 4 on the bottom row
I produced some 1500 to 2000 copies of Eric's Lures on the request of Eric and his approval, The truth must be revealed

Regards

Petr Munt
Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 9:28pm
I think you’re right Richard.
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 10:14pm
Yep, 2 and 5 on the top row would have been my next two picks. They are just not typical Erics.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 3:10pm
I think Cranky is still in PNG, wait until he sees this post .
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 3:46pm
Any idea as to the time frame of when you started doing these lures for Eric, Peter ?
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 4:03pm
Hi, Yes it was in mid 1980.
Barry knows my connection with Eric, Barry is currently in New Guinea and will be back this Monday.
I am expecting a phone call from him upon his return.

I will be discussing the Moller/Munt connection again with him and hope that we can put the truth about the connection out there to help collectors as this is an issue that must be addressed.
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Peter M Peter M wrote:

Barry knows my connection with Eric, Barry is currently in New Guinea and will be back this Monday.

I will be discussing the Moller/Munt connection again with him and hope that we can put the truth about the connection out there to help collectors as this is an issue that must be addressed.

Left it a bit late to come forward, me thinks.

Samurai 
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 4:34pm
Hi Samurai
Sorry, but I have been hiding on remote cattle stations for the past dozen years or so, I return to civilisation to find people could be paying(or claiming) big dollars for my lures believing or being told that they are Mollers. I put no value on my lures however I don't want people paying Moller prices for my lures
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Peter M Peter M wrote:

Thanks Peter , reckon there's a few of yours in my Moller section , it will be good to get the facts down for posterity .
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 9:34pm
Yes; all serious collectors who are genuine decent blokes want to know the truth and are willing to wear any past mistakes whether or not they were genuine or even if some con man has taken them down.

Cheers all, Jim Bond
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 9:41pm
So in 1980 Eric would have been at the peak of his fame, with orders pouring in and within a year of passing on so understandable he would get Peter to help.
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 8:04am
In support of my involvement with Eric.
A good friend of Eric's, Bruce Glanville made a die/punch to make bibs for Eric, Eric never owned the die/punch and never had it at his house. Bruce visited Cardwell frequently and would bring up bibs for Eric. When l took over orders for Eric I had Bruce make and deliver bibs to me. A few days ago I contacted Bruce, the first time for some 34 years. I asked him the question,"How many bibs do you think you made for me, several hundred"? His reply was, " more like several thousand".
It is important to note that the bibs produced by Bruce for Eric and I had a small fault in the form of a small"nick" on the one side. Regards Peter M
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 10:47am
Peter, Was the Glanville bib the only bib used by yourself and Eric toward the end. In other words are ALL Mollers with a smooth bib older than all lures with the nicked bib?
Thank you for your recent input
Cheers, Jim
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 12:47pm
Eric sometimes filed the nick out, sometimes not. Mollers that I purchased ( $2 each) in 1980(just after moving from Hervey Bay to Cardwell) do not have the nick in the bib.
With my lures I also sometimes filed out the nick, sometimes not.
Also I often run out of Bruce's bibs and while waiting for the next supply I cut out my own sometimes in aluminium .

Also on another issue, Bruce often made eyes for Eric, sometimes in stainless steel.
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 1:31pm
So Peter, did you handcarve bodies or were they all done by Eric?

Crikey it's getting hard if the only way is picking your paint job from Eric's. 
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 8:35pm
I have a chin minnow Moller lure with SS eyelets. It was purchased originally by Lionel White and it came from the Cardwell service station in 1974 (from memory).
cheers steiny
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 9:16pm
Hi Peter, I was talking to Doug Soden who also knew Eric. Doug stated that Eric painted some lures black with colourful stripes (including his chin minows). Others stated that he never painted any lures black. Do you know of any black Mollers?
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 9:27pm
There are a few black mollers out there Martin....not many, but I know of at least 2.
cheers steiny
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 9:27pm
Hi, I am not aware that Eric painted any lures in black
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 9:31pm
Thanks for the replies Darren and Peter.  If I can dig them out of my container in time, I'll take them to the Lure Expo.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Cranky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 6:52pm
Very nice love the Moller
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic