LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My first attempt making wooden lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My first attempt making wooden lures
    Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 2:52pm
Hye

I have tried to make wooden lures though not have enough tools like drill machines, air brush etc. i love to do wood carving using small set of carving blades and emery papers. though i feel the out look of the lures does not look like professional and still a long way to go.

Some pics are attached, they are yet to have swim test though at home bath tube they seems to be ok.

Hope to improve on my next set of wooden lures awaiting painting. Recently i have purchased Chinese made air brush and compressor set at AED 270/- and drill machine and hope to improve on the quality of color.

With regards to wood i have tried to used whatever was available becz in UAE so far i am not able to find any balsa wood store. For poppers i have used wood from the wood roller used to make round chap patties (wheat bread) which is easily available at AED 2/- per piece.  

This is my first post in the forum and in-case if i made any mistake please guide me.

Thanks, i love to be part of this forum as the discussion and information on lure making are just great.

cheers Smile
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 2:54pm
Well done mate,they look good and what are you aiming to catch with these?
THE CODFATHER
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 3:04pm
What a great job using only simple tools, you have a good eye for detail. Keep up the good work.. Smile
Fysshe
sudanraghu2210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 3:07pm
Thanks jay for your feedback.

i am targeting king mackerel / GT and Barracuda. i got success in catching one big barracuda on my home made popper.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 3:13pm
Thanks Fysshe for your encouraging feedback Smile
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 3:24pm
Mate if that's your first attempt, I can't wait to see what you can do with some practise Smile Bloody well done!!!

Cheers Warren
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 3:50pm
Mate they are fantastic little lures especially for your first attempt. Please post more of your lures as you make them. We'd all love to see them.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 3:51pm
Great. Look forward to seeing some uae gts.
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 3:55pm
Looks like they are already prooven fish catches and very interesting to see what you are targeting.Your lures would work well on Barramundi and Golden perch here in Australia.Thumbs Up
THE CODFATHER
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 5:43pm
They work, that's what matters!  (and they look good tooWink)

Top jobThumbs Up
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 6:11pm
You made a Lure. You got a Fish on it. Nothing can beat that. Well done Big smile Thinking on how you made them. I must say your have done a very good job Clap Keep up the good work, and lets see how you go Thumbs Up
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 7:45pm
Thanks P.J   / Tony / Raffey & Samurai for all the good words.

Let me tell you this is one of the best forum where U learn the Art of making fishing lures. The best part is that all the members are vocal in their views and give positive and negative feedback with solutions if required.

Though i was registered on this forum long back but was actively going through all the posts on lure making.

Thanks All

Cheers

Vicious Fishes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicious Fishes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 8:39am
Raghubir,
well done on your first lures they look good.
For gt and barracuda I would not use balsa as those fish would destroy balsa lures, so maybe continue using the timber that you have.
Steve
sudanraghu221067 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu221067 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 8:19pm
Ya thats true.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 8:15am
Well done, they look good and catch fishClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic