LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My first lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zads42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My first lures
    Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:45pm
Finished my first lures today and I am pretty happy with the finish. Just need to let the envirotex harden so I can see if they swim
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:53pm
Look great mate well done
Kimo
JoeFish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:55pm
They look great they look like they will tune up just fine good luck good job
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 3:35pm
For the sake of your impressive paint work - I hope hey do swim I'm pretty sure they will thoughThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 5:17pm
They look nice mate. Well done. The first of many I'm sure.
Dan
Zads42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zads42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 10:27pm
Was going to test swim first but thought I've got to learn to use the air brush and other techniques so what the hell I'll test after
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 1:29am
Looking good Dean, keep us posted on the ''swim''.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 4:36am
Very nice work fore the first ones. 
Hope thy swim with the effort you have put into them.
Look forward to the first Fish you catch. That feeling is sooooooooo great WinkBig smile

Knaek & Break (Tight lines in Danish)
                 Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Zads42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zads42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 11:11pm
Thanks everyone for your kind words. Planning to swim them on the weekend when I go out for a fish weather permitting so I will keep you informed
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 3:29am
Showing some talent there keep it up
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 8:46pm
Look great for first lures zad, hope they swim.
Zads42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zads42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 9:42pm
Well today was the big day and I'm pleased to say that 7 of the 8 lures were a success and the one that wouldn't swim I'm pretty sure will be fine with a little work with the file on the bib. Must say the weather was sensational as were the King George Whiting that obliged.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 12:29am
Weather looks great, must have been a bitch to be out thereWink
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Zads42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zads42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 10:32am
It was great weather just a bit fresh. Maxed out at 16°
Zads42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zads42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 9:10pm
Well I got to try some of my lures out in Airlie the last couple of weeks. Last day fishing we came across some surface action and I tied on one of the Stick baits I had made (showed in earlier picture). We determined the fish were Mack Tuna and after 5 casts I had a hit and miss followed by another hit and hookup. Thinking I was on a Tuna the look on my face would have been priceless when a 5' Marlin starting leaping across the water. Amazement turned to concern when I thought about the rod I was using as it was a 3 piece Shimano Raider travel rod rated at 5-8 kg with a 4000 Stradic I have had for a few years. So the fight began. After the initial surface jumping the fish went deep and we didn't see it again for 50 minutes. Alas the fish was even more exhausted than me and couldn't be released. This fish was the first significant fish caught on a lure I had made and my first ever Marlin. To say I was excited with my catch would be an understatement but the most exciting part was knowing I caught it on a lure I had made.
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 9:45pm
Outstanding mate!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:03pm
WOW BIG congrats on your catch. Can understand the excitement ClapClapClap
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:37pm
Wow that's amazing. What a catch.
Dan
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:43am
Nice one !
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 6:13pm
brilliant effort on your success ,you have started with a pretty impressive catch on your first lure though lol
bciya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bciya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 7:23am
Holy! That has to be one of the best fishing experiences ever!

Congratulations you must feel chuffed.

Now, when are you going start selling your marlin lure!
Zads42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zads42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 6:52pm
Was pretty happy and will have to make more lures as my brother inlaw wouldn't let me bring any home. But I did manage to keep the one I caught the fish on. Not sure about selling any but it would be a good advert.
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 7:30pm
Wow that's awesome Dean, nice work! ClapCool
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic